on 25 September 2013
These speakers are fantastic - I already have one pair and I think they're great. However, what is described above as a 'pair' is in fact just one single speaker. BEWARE - FALSE DESCRIPTION!
on 5 September 2009
For the money, thes are truely great speakers.
Just lifting the box they come in takes two men!!! Their performance is wonderful if used in a "bedroom studio" for want of a better phrase. They won't fill the largest of rooms, with the greatest bass, but in the right setting they are clear, articulate, fast and have great weight to the sound. I love them.

In my hi-fi I have B&W Nautilus 804 speakers, so I know what to judge them by. The B&W's are much better, but using them as a reference for the TRUTHs I can hear their qualities.

Great buy.....£280 is a bargain compaired to some of the others out there.

Neil
West Sussex.
on 1 May 2010
These are studio monitors so, as the above review says, they are going to sound pretty lame if you're trying to play to a crowd of thousands in a sweaty, packed warehouse. However, for studio recording (or i guess sat in your front room, bedroom) they are simply superb. Very flat response across the board no matter what the volume, ideal for studio work and if you are using it for TV, hifi etc at home, you will probably need to buy a bigger TV and stereo to do these bad boys justice.

Current equipment:
UB802
MPC1000
Logic Studio and, of course, 2x B2031A's
on 1 January 2013
I'm very happy with these speakers. They are sturdy, well constructed and sound great. I do not use them on a regular basis so cannot comment on the lifespan of the product, but so far I've had no problems. The only reason they lose one star (and this may be a bit harsh because it is common to a lot of speakers) is the lack of protection for the cones. The speakers for my cheap Hitachi stereo have an easily removable front panel covering the cones, and something like this would've been ideal because they do look rather vulnerable. But even so, I would still recommend these.
on 12 September 2015
As other commenters have said, they send one instead of 2. Having read the warnings I thought I would trust Amazon customer service as they have always been great, and I was right to, but only just. It took a weekend of wrangling on the phone for them to send the other one. Don't get me wrong, the customer service representative was excellent, but she was put in a very difficuly situation as their database was clearly wrong somewhere.

I was told that it was being taken off for review, lets hope they have sorted it out now.

As for the speakers they are fantastic, great flat response and very good studio monitors if that is what you are after. No volume controls but there are numerous easy ways around it in Windows, such as Volume 2 program, if you are computer based.

I would probably still recommend even with delivery problems as they come direct from Amazon (well they did when I bought them) and are therefore covered by their fantastic returns policy.
on 11 October 2014
These are my first proper monitor speakers. I couldn't be happier with them, I think they are really great. The sound quality is tremendous and they can reproduce very low frequencies. I found them to sound better after turning down the tweeters one notch.

Before I got these, I tried M-Audio BX8 D2s but I didn't like them at all. I sent them back and got the Behringers instead.

Watch out though because Amazon just sent me one monitor at first. Then I contacted customer services and they sent me the other one.
on 6 September 2015
Love these monitors didn't realise just how much you don't hear through so called normal speakers but beware your about to spend a fortune upgrading everything else to justify the sound they produce 🎶🎼😃😃😃😃
on 20 January 2015
I still own these speakers! They work perfect and sound great in all areas i have even used them for a party which was in a huge garden and you could hear the party before you arrived!
on 30 June 2014
Bass is pretty lacklustre, overall imaging is quite poor with the addition of a couple of phasing issues I've found. For this price, they are not even worth it at all.
on 2 July 2015