on 22 April 2013
We bough these for baby we thought maracas would have more longevity than a rattle as they could be used for years to come without seeming babyish.

They are quite light to hold for little hands and make a satisfying rattle, they seem sturdy and well made. My only gripe is that the ones we were sent are a darker blue, with smaller spots than on the photo so they aren't quite so pretty.

However this doesn't affect their functionality - baby loves daddy singing songs and shaking them, and can give a good rattle herself. They do suggest 36 months plus but as baby is always supervised we do not see this as a problem.
on 30 December 2013
Have had to order a large pair to do Mirands DVD These are for a baby not an adult and they do not shake very well
on 27 November 2007
I bought these maracas for my little boy and like them a lot, they are very well made and painted. However, the photo is misleading in that you get just one pair and no choice is offered you as to colours. I'm just glad I got the yellow ones and not the pink!
on 26 February 2014
We bought them to watch with the Maranda Hart Maracattack DVD, but haven't got around to actually watching that yet.

They were to hand on New Year's Eve though and we shook our funky stuff to Gary Barlow with much hilarity. They are child size, although not extra tiny. Come to think of it, that might well be an advantage during a strenuous PE work out.
on 11 September 2011
I bought these in over a year ago and although I was initially a little concerned that these might break - especially as they were banged hard on every surface by an excited child - they have proved to be extremely sturdy. Well worth every penny and still going strong.
on 8 January 2014
I was more than dissapointed by this item, I got them to go with Mirandas DVD
This item is very poor quality and tiny like a babies rattle wish I hadnt bothered !
All thia and as the item ships from China I waited almost a month for the delivery
Don't bother
on 21 March 2015
Did not realise these were only about 5 inches long. One year old loves the sound which is quite gentle. Has recently taken to crawling with them in mouth however, so not a toy to be left with. Has not managed to scratch paint with teeth.
on 5 July 2014
I got the blue version of these, it didn't look exactly like the picture and they are quite heavy and could hurt if used as a weapon (which at some point a rambunctious child will probably do!) but overall a decent buy and much more quality than the cheap plastic things they dish out to kids nowadays
on 6 January 2014
Bit of a pointless waste of time this one and money I bought them because they came up as an item that people had bought with Miranda's Maraca Attack DVD, im sure there are more than a few slightly miffed people who found them to be minute when delivered. I wrongly assumed that they were appropriate as they were a linked item and reading the advert they say they are for kids 1-10 years, however the dimensions they list for the maracas say they are 20cm, they are not even close, they are 12cm max! Would be good if they changed this detail as it is wrong and misleading.
on 9 October 2009
My little boy has had these from about 8 months. He loves them. Really pretty and robust. We are getting a lot of use out of them. Definitely a good buy!