on 22 April 2013
We bough these for baby we thought maracas would have more longevity than a rattle as they could be used for years to come without seeming babyish.

They are quite light to hold for little hands and make a satisfying rattle, they seem sturdy and well made. My only gripe is that the ones we were sent are a darker blue, with smaller spots than on the photo so they aren't quite so pretty.

However this doesn't affect their functionality - baby loves daddy singing songs and shaking them, and can give a good rattle herself. They do suggest 36 months plus but as baby is always supervised we do not see this as a problem.
on 7 August 2009
These Maracas are beautiful - kids love them, they are nice to play- don't have a horrid shaker sound!! Look great, and the paint doesn't chip easily!! Love them!
on 30 December 2013
Have had to order a large pair to do Mirands DVD These are for a baby not an adult and they do not shake very well
11 comment13 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2007
I bought these maracas for my little boy and like them a lot, they are very well made and painted. However, the photo is misleading in that you get just one pair and no choice is offered you as to colours. I'm just glad I got the yellow ones and not the pink!
on 8 July 2010
The product itself is great. However, I have bought one for a friends son's birthday and hoped that I would be able to have the other pair I ordered for my Son, but alas, there was no choice and the others were pink.
on 26 February 2014
We bought them to watch with the Maranda Hart Maracattack DVD, but haven't got around to actually watching that yet.

They were to hand on New Year's Eve though and we shook our funky stuff to Gary Barlow with much hilarity. They are child size, although not extra tiny. Come to think of it, that might well be an advantage during a strenuous PE work out.
on 11 September 2011
I bought these in over a year ago and although I was initially a little concerned that these might break - especially as they were banged hard on every surface by an excited child - they have proved to be extremely sturdy. Well worth every penny and still going strong.
on 10 January 2014
So small they fit in the palm of your hand. I know it said designs may vary but I thought each pair would match. One was pink stripes the other was red with spots!?! My 22 year old daughter found them quite amusing though. In their defence, they seem quite well made. Go for the big plastic ones by Unique if your doing the dvd workout.
on 6 January 2014
The product dicription for this item is totally misleading!!! The advertised dimensions are 20 x 10 x 10 cm. The product is actually half the stated size!!! 11 x 4 x 4 cm. The delivery time was long too - the product actually has to come from China and not direct from the supplier advertising the product here. Not impressed at all!
on 9 October 2009
My little boy has had these from about 8 months. He loves them. Really pretty and robust. We are getting a lot of use out of them. Definitely a good buy!