Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

My four year old daughter has a whole family of assorted dolls and cuddly toys who live a rather halcyon existence, variously spending their time at tea parties, being pushed around the garden and generally being well loved, though they are a little high maintenance. Until a little while ago, when bedtime came around, worn out by all their activities, they had been lying their weary heads on a blanket where they were lovingly tucked in every night. When the four year old's birthday was on the way she informed us that what she really wanted was a bed for her family as Charlie and Freddie were getting fed up of the floor.

I was drawn to this Rocking cradle by two things really, the fact that I know from other items that we have bought that John Crane items are normally excellent, and the fact that frankly it looked very cute on the picture - the only alternative I had tracked down was a plastic bed from Toysrus which I was a bit loathe to buy.

The cradle comes ready to be assembled. Assembly was not very tricky at all, (8 screws, good instructions) and once put together the night before the youngest's birthday I was really pleased with the results. This is a sturdy and well made bed. The rubberwood is well finished, though the base is of MDF (it was a little tricky but not impossible to slot in whilst I was putting everything together with a Philips screwdriver), it is solid enough. What you can't see in the picture is that the bed comes with a little cotton mattress, as well as the co-ordinating pillow and reversible sheet set you can see in the picture. These are beautifully made (in Thailand according to the label) and fit well into the bed, they are washable too. The whole thing is just the right size for Baby Annabel and co. who can be nicely tucked up and gently rocked.

What you see is what you get here really, suffice to say that probably due to its pinkness, my daughter loved this cradle on sight and it has been used every single night since for various dolls and teddies and often is part of her play at bedtime too. It can be rocked gently and does not take up too much space, whilst being made of strong and solid wood, as it is rubberwood there are not knots and it isn't an over grainy finish. I like the fact that the wood (which is from sustainable sources apparently) is so well finished with no rough edges and well applied varnish and paint. I think that this item looks really nice even to adult eyes - it fits in well in her room as the colours are not too garish, it's just a lovely and traditional item.

I really recommend this cradle if you have a child who loves dolls - it would have been a waste of money for my eldest who never has really played with them, but for my youngest it really is something she cherishes and also one of very few items that I will keep for the next generation. I think it would be good for any child from age 18 months or so up. I feel that this cradle is great value for the price you pay as it is a quality toy that any doll fan is sure to love!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2008
I bought this for my 2 year old grand daughter, who loves it. It easily fits all sized dolls, and she even gets in it herself as it is so sturdy and can take a lot of bashing about. Very good value, and seems very durable.
on 1 May 2010
Bought the Pintoy high chair and cradle at the same time and my little girl loves them both. Even my oldest child who has never really been into dolls loves playing with them. Great quality and great buy!
on 15 January 2013
Proper dollies cradle.
No plastic.
Easy to assemble.
My 3yr old grandaughter delighted. All the 'babies' big and small go to sleep in here.
on 16 July 2009
My grandaughter (5yrs) was delighted with her cradle. Very sturdy product, well made, well finished, a classic wood toy. Assembly easy with screws and allen key. One stubborn screw head was damaged on assembly. After sales a little disappointing. Ordered replacement screw but it took 3 phone calls, the first order was ignored, the second resulted in a wrong set of screws being dispatched. The third call resulted in the correct, (but only one), screw being sent. A little frustrating but the cradle and pleasure it has brought my granddaughter worth it.
on 28 June 2009
I brought this for my daughters first christmas along with the pram made by the same company. Both were easy to put together and are very durable. Although my daughter was a bit young for them at the time, my son who was two at the time played with them and loved putting his teddy in the cradle to rock him to sleep. Even the pet rabbit went for a ride in the pram! My daughter is now one and uses the pram as a walker and has learnt to rock the cradle too. Overall a lovely toy.
on 13 January 2013
The cradle meets all expectations. I was particularly pleased with the finish of the wood, easy to put together and loved by our 3 year old granddaughter.
on 21 July 2009
I bought this for my first granddaughter. Another two granddaughters later it is still going strong and still looks as good as new. It gets played with constantly and its not just dolls that go into it. My youngest granddaughter sits in it. It is well made and very durable. I would have no hesitation in recommending it.
on 11 January 2013
I highly recommend this this toy to anyone thinking of buying a dolls cradle. We bought this toy (along with the matching highchair) as a Christmas present for a 2 and 4 year to share and both girls absolutely love it! On separate occassions the girls have gotten into it and laid down. This item is very sturdy and held their weight with no problems. According to my partner this toy was very easy to put together and he did it in minutes (each item). Pintoy products are very well made and are made to last. Endless hours of fun! :-)
on 26 October 2011
We bought this for our 2 year old daughter's birthday and we are very happy with it. She plays with the same cot at our local Mother and Toddler group, so I knew that it was well built as it is capable of withstanding a lot of toddlers playing with it there. It also looks very pretty and is large enough to fit her Baby Annabel doll. Well worth the money, as I'm sure it will last until my daughter feels she's too old for her dolls.