I started strength training recently for the first time and discovered I just wasn't getting enough protein from my diet. I decided to give my protein intake a boost and bought this simply because Maximuscle had a female-friendly website that gave me lots of info.

One portion of this (one scoop mixed in with 200ml of water) provides 120 calories, 23g of protein, 2g of carbs and 2g of fat. Taste is important for me and the Cookies and Cream flavour I just can't flaw. It's sweet but not sickly, creamy in taste but not heavy and you can add more or less water to vary the strength of the flavour. You can mix with milk but I've not tried it like that as it tastes fine just with water. Apparently you can even mix the powder in with things like yogurt and cereal which I'm going to try aswell.

I started training about 4 months back and although I've been getting stronger, I have been a bit disappointed with the visual results. Having taken the shake for the last two weeks, I have already started seeing some definition and I feel stronger too - it's not that this is some kind of miracle potion but my diet had VERY limited amounts of protein in it before and my muscles just weren't getting the kind of nutrition they needed to recover, especially as I don't like to eat after a workout! I make sure I always have one of these shakes after training so that I can optimize my workout now!

I also highly recommend getting a shaker if you don't already have one - the Maximuscle Shaker 700ml is brilliant, leak-free and makes the whole measuring & mixing thing a whole lot easier.
11 comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2014
Been on this stuff for about a month so far and i've noticed a change in the time it takes me to recover after a workout. i no longer looked half dead and wiped out, cant say i've seen much in the way of defined muscle since i've been on this but its early days yet.

the jar comes with a plastic scoop buried inside which is equal to 1 serving. the instructions are on the jar and easy to follow. my only gripe is that the jar is huge but only half full, i'd much rather have had it arrive in a small jar which is fuller. the taste is something only the user can describe, i like the strawberry but it does leave a funny after taste but i've gotten used to it.

all in all i am happy that this shake is helping me get into shape and i would recommend it to anyone who is getting fit or bodybuilding
on 9 November 2013
as a skinny guy trying to gain more muscle i chose the cookies and cream, most people are saying you don't get a scoop with it but you do its buried in the middle of it, the protein powder tastes nice with both water and milk but in my opinion tastes better with milk, im already gaining more strength in my arms than i used to have and i really cant fault this protein powder as it does its job i would recommend to any body builder or anybody trying to gain size
on 27 September 2013
I was suprised that the tub does not contain a tool to weigh the correct amount of powder you require as stated on the label per serving (30g) which the manufacturer should address really. Tastes nice though will trial product for a month and see if its any good.
on 29 January 2011
I purchased the strawberry variety and it is very pleasant. Mixes well with a shaker bottle and is easily drank. I haven't been using it for too long so cannot comment on the muscle growth but it has helped me to recover quicker than usual.

The problem I find with these shakes is that once you start drinking them you have to continue for basicly the rest of your life.

Overal it is good but the price is far too expensive, For the recomended dose you are going to go through 2 tubs a month, thats £60 worth a month!
on 21 February 2013
I bought this as I thought it would be handy and useful to have as a quick protein shake when I hadn't got enough time to prepare breakfast in the mornings. Do not really like it when mixed with water, tastes wishy washy. Find it taste much better when mixed with coconut milk. You need to ensure your mixer/shaker bottle lid is screwed tightly as you need to shake vigorously to mix powder. Usually still has some lumps but they can usually be smoothed out with a spoon. Overall not too bad.
on 15 March 2014
This stuff has none of the nasties (like artificial flavourings or sweeteners) that most other protein powders have. It's great for smoothies and baking (my favourite is to make protein pancakes out of bananas, eggs, and this stuff), but it also taste pleasantly milky when mixed with water. You have to use a proper shaker to mix it properly, though!
on 12 November 2013
Besides the taste being superior to any other protein powder I've tried (cookies and cream is my favorite), the nutrient ratios are also top of the line. Low carbs, low fat, and high in quality protein are three things this tub contains. I'm actually surprised how good it tastes because of the low sugar content, but they make it work. I take this each morning before going to the gym. I personally add 3 grams of citru malate and beta alanine which push my endurance through the roof; Citrulline Malate 200 Grams + FREE Beta Alanine 250 Grams Powder I'll usually do cardio after weights, and I'll usually slack off on cardio because I'm dead tired from my workout. Since I began taking this mix BEFORE my workout, I've been able to complete my cardio without ending it early. I use to workout on an empty stomach.
on 15 February 2014
Got this for a great price but only bought the one as a trial, mainly for the taste.

I found the taste only really came through as an after taste, and not all that great whilst drinking. (using water).

Ive also got the CHOC MINT and STRAWBERRY, and these taste a lot better, espec the STRAWBERRY.
on 2 April 2014
The taste is good and has helped me build muscle. I really enjoy maximuscle and buy this often. Must buy.