I do like a good storage box, whether for food or other detritus around the home and I discovered Really Useful boxes around five years ago. They come in lots of different shapes and sizes and you need to be wary that you are comparing like for like as boxes can be the same capacity but a different shape.

The boxes are incredibly strong overall and some of mine have survived being dropped onto the garage floor without being damaged (and also protecting the contents). In fact, my wooden garden table fell onto one of these boxes; the box survived without any damage whatsoever but my table was a different story... They are designed to be stackable and the lids clip onto the base via two handles, which hold it firmly in place.

I have around 50 or 60 in total and they are mostly put to use in the loft and garage, storing things like bird seed, paperwork, tools, garden equipment, Christmas decorations and so on; there is even a Really Useful box designed to be the right size to store LP records (and I can vouch for the fact LPs fit in perfectly).

As long as the boxes are the same dimensions on the base, each will stack very neatly onto the one below and the bottom of the higher box is held in place by the raised edge of the lid of the lower, so there is no chance of them accidentally falling over. As they are also clear, you can see what's in them as well, although for stacked boxes a label stuck on the front is very helpful.

If you like being organised, I think you will like the Really Useful range of boxes. I have not regretted my purchases, even though I have owned them for several years and they are subjected to extremes of temperature, being mostly used in the attic and garage.
on 23 November 2011
These boxes have been a real hit with me for both home and office for a few years now. They are strong and secure enough to hold our vinyl records (which are very heavy). i also use them for storing clothes as well a paper files and documents. The contents have always remained in perfect condition, even though they have been kept in an outside shed which is prone to damp. These boxes are solid and strong and appear to also be damp proof. i love the way the handles lock down to hold the lid on securely. They also stack on top of each other perfectly. I love these boxes so much I have just ordered anther 10 while I prepare for a house move. I recommend these highly.
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a good quality, strong box and had heard very good things about the product.

Quality:
During the 'Unpacking process', it was evident that the box was made of very high quality material. It is beautifully designed and is made of very strong, thick, transparent plastic that is fit for purpose. The inside of the box is very smooth. Not only was I happy with my purchase but it had exceeded my expectations.

In Use:
The clever design of the strong grip handles allows you to carry the box very comfortably and even when the box is full, the handles don't hurt your fingers. The handles close very tightly and is confirmed when you hear a 'click'. The product is very good at holding files, tools, clothes, christmas decorations and a number of different sized and shaped objects which results in the inside and outside of your home, along with your workplace looking a lot neater and organised. They are an ideal size for storing items in the garage and I can now find things a lot quicker thanks to the box being transparent. The product is also very good at stacking on top of other really useful boxes.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up, however when you consider that it is made of very high quality material and that it is very strong, it doesn't seem as expensive.

Negatives:
Apart from the price, the only negative that I could identify was that the product is very difficult to clean, especially when it is very dirty. Although the inside is easy to clean, the outside of the box and handles have a significant amount of plastic groves and segments that stick out which makes it impossible to clean. Rather than cleaning the outside by hand, I use a pressure washer or garden hose.

Verdict:
9/10 - If you are looking for a high quality, strong box then I would highly recommend this product.

Feedback:
If you wish to comment on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks
on 20 February 2013
We use these boxes to store what feels like most of our life (summer clothes, wedding dress, photos, etc) in our extremely cold and damp garage. I was initially suspicious that they would not be man enough of the job however the clip mechanism on the lid makes sure no moisture enters, the clear plastic is extremely robust and the clever stackable design means that they take up limited space. I really can't fault the product and I will be buying more.
on 18 December 2010
these are brilliant boxes, I ordered 2 of them to store my DJ lights in, they arrived the next day, even in the christmas post, which is amazing itself. these are very strong boxes, and brilliantly stackable.
on 8 June 2014
Unfortunately the 84-litre box (contrary to description and image) is not suitable for hanging suspension files, which was the application I had in mind. Turns out that the box I needed is the 64-litre one, which is confirmed as the largest in the Really Useful Products range which is suitable for this purpose. My guess is that the image is of the 64-litre box.
And now, Amazon:
Amazon readily collected the 84-litre box from me, indeed on the day immediately after delivery!
My philosophy is that there is no company in the world that has never made a mistake, in fact, a complaint offers an opportunity to demonstrate professionalism, by the way the mistake is rectified. Very impressive, Amazon!
on 10 May 2012
My title say's it all. This is a BIG box. My only concern is that it will be easy to overfill it weight wise? Both from a point of view of lifting and it's ability to cope with the contents. Since I discovered Really Useful Boxes there is little to compete. Cheaper flimsier boxes available at supermarkets and DIY stores aren't strong enough and professional removal type storage boxes whilst stronger tend not to come in such useful sizes and are designed more for transit than as a stackable storage facility.

BTW Really Useful you've failed me here. I had to buy this size to stack some hi-fi equipment in because none of your smaller boxes have the required 435mm width that standard stackable Hi-Fi stuff was built to. For those under 30 Hi-Fi was what we listened to music on before it was dumbed down to MP3's ;-)
on 17 September 2013
I have just moved house and have a serious storage crisis...so naturally looked on Amazon for the solution. Customer reviews for this product are excellent so I bought three boxes in 84, 64 and 50 litres capacity.

They have eaten up towels and bed linen, toiletries and cosmetics. Everything is fully visible and stored clean and dust free. When I get my new house sorted these wonderful boxes will be put to use storing other things.

Right now...I'm off to order another one!!!
on 11 December 2011
This sturdy box has been brilliant for my girls' toys - and completely unbreakable, unlike other makes I have tried, which have had shattered lids within days. Best buy ever!
on 1 February 2012
I ordered these boxes to store Christmas decorations and other items stored in the garage. Size wise they are pretty big but were perfect for what I wanted. We bought all the same size for easy storage as they just stack on top of one another and therefore do not take up much floor space. Would recommend buying as excellent value for money and hopefully they'll last years.