Colour: BlackChange

on 20 August 2011
After my caesarean, there was no way I would have been able to mess with the seatbelt every time we went out. This base did & still does make life so much easier as the base is secured by the seatbelt once & the car seat then just clicks in & off you go. The stand is adjustable, making the base suitable for most, if not all, cars. To me, it seems my Son is more secure when the base is used as the car seat is not likely to be moved by the seatbelt pulling on it.
on 20 August 2011
This car seat is a great buy, it is inexpensive & seems to be very safe & comfortable. The newborn headrest insert ensures baby's head is nice & comfortable while they cannot hold their head up alone, it also gives them a little bit more insulation & helps to keep them warm. The seat also allows you to soothe your baby easily as it rocks. I would definitely recommend the car seat base (Graco Junior Baby Base) as this improves the safety as it is more secure & also allows you to just click the car seat in without faffing with the seatbelt every time.
on 5 October 2013
Purchased at a great price, almost 50% cheaper than Mothercare - although please not to future buyers you need the adaptor, something reviews I have read seem to omit! If you have a very dinky (less that 6.5lbs) baby you should also buy an additional padded insert so the baby fits more snuggly and won't be so swamped by it!
on 5 August 2013
After taking my new born daughter home from hospital in the Graco car seat with base we were a bit concerned that the seat seemed quite upright and tilted forwards. After a bit of messing about we decided that it must be safe as the level indicators on the side if the seat were correct. However after arriving home we found out 3 day old baby slumped in the seat with her head tilted completely forward! Thankfully she was fine but if we had gone any further than the 5 minute journey I dread to think what would have happened! After speaking to the supplier of this base we were advised that it does tilt very far forward and they don't recommend using the base until 3 months old!! No where on the literature does it state this! It says suitable from birth! We have gone back to just strapping the car seat in each journey which is what we wanted to avoid! Dangerous product!!
22 comments12 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2010
Well worth the money paid for. Very easy to fit to car and its Childs play fitting car seat to base. Overall excellent product!!
on 20 June 2013
baby loves sitting in the car seat. The head support is fantastic. Its light. Very easy to get into the car. Only reason for not giving it 5 stars is the fact that i find it tricky to move the hood as it catches on the handle but overall very happy with it.
on 21 August 2014
I purchased this base so that my baby was more secure in his car seat rather than just using the seat belt each time. This base is dangerous. My baby weighs 8lb so not tiny and his head flops forward every time he is in the car due to the base tilting the car seat forward too much. I feel so strongly about this issue that I have written to Graco with my concerns who replied that they are not aware of this problem!! Well that's just not true as upon reading all the reviews on here there have been numerous mentions of this - just wish I'd read them all before I bought it. DO NOT BUY!
on 20 April 2014
We bought the graco evo pushchair amd was going to buy the carseat to fit the travel system. The graco evo car seat is £90 in mothercare so after speaking to graco direct we realised that we coubd use this model and buy the base seperatley. It is exactly the same and nearly half the price. We also got a great deal on the base so was still much cheaper than anywhere else.

Not used it yet as awaiting babys arrival but the seat is sturdy..and confortable which is just what we need.

Delivery super quick too. Was estimated at 3-5 days byt arrived the very next day.
on 15 December 2015
A great quality car seat for the price. This is the second one of these I have bought (I sold the last one after my middle child outgrew it) and I love how easy it is to get little one in and out, raise and lower the handle, and get it in and out the car. The Silver Cross seat I was given before this one was so awkward to get in and out of the car and it needed a really long seat belt! The main reason I bought this specific seat was the universal base that went with it. A GREAT price and not Isofix (so it fitted in my old car!) So easy to get the seat in and out of the car with the simple click system.
I would DEFINITELY recommend this seat.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2011
The base is not suitable for newborns. Once the carseat is clicked into the base it is far too upright and leaves a newborn's head flopping about all over the place. The carseat also feels really unstable because the load leg just lifts off the floor and allows it to flop towards the rear of the car if you pull on the seat - which surely it would do in the event of a crash. The carseat strapped in alone seems much safer.