Size: 20 mlChange

on 11 February 2009
There are many rosehip oils out there, some of which are more costly and some of which are cheaper, but Trilogy's is good value for money. There has been a huge revival in the use of oils on the face, as opposed to creams, and there is a lot of evidence to back up its effectiveness. Oils are absorbed by the skin very well and many have a natural affinity. I have always used them at night, ever since I was in my teens and whilst they haven't turned me into Angelina Jolie (possibly just as well as I'm not overly keen on Brad's current moustache), my skin is much younger than it's age. Given that I spent a great deal of my teens and twenties cooking myself under the sun in vinegar and oil (makes you very brown but you smell like a chip factory), that's not bad. I also used oil based cleansers such as Burts Bees Orange Cleanser and then a hot flannel to take it off with. I always put the oil onto damp skin at night and that does make a difference: it sinks in faster and makes the skin softer. You need very little. You can also put a bit more on your face before you have a warm bath, pop a flannel over the top, and let the heat and moisture help it sink in.

This oil is also very good for softening scars, sunburn and the like. I also mix it with other oils to make an incredibly potent mixture which you pay a fortune for with certain companies. Other oils which combine very well with it are pomegranate, raspberry seed, nigella, passionflower and strawberry. If you want your skin to have a helping hand then do buy this.
55 comments147 of 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2014
I must have ultra sensitive skin because this product made my skin very dry and itchy. I tried using a couple of drops with my moisturiser as recommended. Stopped using it and it took almost 10 days for my skin to get back to normal

I had reordered this after being badgered by friends insisting this is a revelation in skin care. Turned up yesterday and as it was my day off work I gave it a whirl - if I was going to look like the Elephant man then at least I wouldnt have been dragging my ugly mug into work. Soooo....I can only assume that my previous order had been part of a bad batch? as my skin, after only one day is looking pretty darned healthy and the goddess of rosehips is smiling down on me! I know that nothing short of a forklift and/or medical intervention will remove my lines and wrinkles but I believe the word I'm looking for is 'dewy' and glowing - cant remember the last time it looked this good. So give this product another go as I will be definitely buying again and if it smells a bit fishy then send it straight back!
on 15 September 2014
Brilliant product! I have suffered with dry skin for so many years and have bought practically every lotion and potion under the sun. I particularly suffer with redness around the side of my nose and down to my mouth. This has cleared all that up and even though you only need the tiniest amount, it makes my skin feel amazing. Couldn't recommend enough!
on 22 April 2014
My acne scars have faded so much after just a few weeks of use! I love this product so much, would definitely recommend and you only need to use a tiny tiny amount each time, so will last a very long time!
on 4 August 2015
I have had bad reactions with using oils on my skin in the past. Despite having very dry skin it does not take much to clog my pores up and break me out in acne. However, I have heard good things about rosehip oil for skin conditions and after reading several models use it I decided if I have even half as amazing skin as they appear to have I would be happy.

Luckily all my fears were not realised with this product. I was careful not to apply too much but after using it everyday for the past two weeks I have to say how impressed I am with this. It has not clogged up my skin and in fact leaves it feeling nicely hydrated and plump. I have noticed my skin feels softer and less dry, my light scarring from recent acne has faded.

All around good product
on 11 June 2010
This is brilliant stuff. It doesn't make your face oily at all. I can highly recommend this Oil!
on 13 December 2013
This is definetely better than the ordinary rosehip oil, it feels very smooth and softer on the skin. I don't give it 5 stars because I've been mixing it with pure Hyaluronic acid and therefore the rosehip oil shouldn't take all the credits.
on 25 February 2011
This stuff is amazing and best of all, natural. It really does work, so thank you to all the other people who left feedback.
on 28 April 2007
I must have used every moisteriser known to man as I have dry skin. I was casually reading that some celebs used oil on their faces and that it was becoming a trend. Well when I looked at some of the oils on offer (out of interest) they were very expensive indeed. Then I spotted Trilogy - the cheapest at a very low £14.95 or thereabouts. The reviews for this product were so good I thought Id try it for myself. The result- I will never go back to ordinary creams again. I use it in the morning on cleansed skin, then I apply a little SP factor 15 on the top to finish off. My skin has never looked so radient and Ive had comments from a few people. Ive only been using it for a month. My advise for dry skin types is buy this product its great.
0Comment68 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2013
Beautiful oil, good value for money have used daily since purchase.
Very pleased I purchased this and would buy again.