Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 November 2012
Some good tunes on this cd but not by the original artists. Unfortunately, my advice is give it a miss.
on 11 November 2012
Compared to listening to the Dubliners and the Wolfe Tones these 2 CD pack is very very bland to the point that I can rarely listen to a track all the way through. What annoys me is the synthesised instruments and the lack of enthusiasm in the singing. I doubt I will listen to it much. To me Irish music should tell the story and be full of passion - this cd gives you the songs true enough but in a very washed out form. Maybe good for an absolute newbie to Irish music but don't think all Irish music is like this - its a lot more lively!!
on 1 January 2012
Bought as a stocking filler for someone I know that likes this type of Irish music. I was told that they were delighted and have played it over and over. Job done, and the right item bought. Not sure about the cover picture!
on 26 March 2012
I was looking for an Irish music cd to use during the interval at a St Patricks night gig I was doing and was aware of the many rubbish Irish cd's around. I checked the reviews on amazon for the Original Irish Boys disc which were positive and was not disappointed by the item. Music went down well at the gig where I played through the pa system via my ipod. My intention was to remove it from my ipod after the gig but it's pleasant enough so left it on.

Result!! Bargain at under £5
on 14 July 2012
I bought the CD for my Dad as a Father's day present. He had mentioned to me that he liked Irish music, so I read the reviews and thought fingers crossed he'll like it as I wouldn't be able to listen it before giving it to him!

He loves it! He's being listening to it in his car and telling all his friends about it!
on 17 May 2014
Hate housework so when I do my "Top to Toe" on a Friday, I put my MP3 player on with headphones and play these tracks over and over again. Singing along - the housework soon gets done. Now whenever I see a bottle of bleach, I hear music!!
on 27 March 2011
bought it for my uncles 90th birthday he loves irish music as he said you get cds with some of the songs on it but this one he was over the moon with because it had a great mixture of all the songs great buy
on 26 December 2014
Do not waste your money. My father is from Ireland and is in a nursing home with terminal cancer. One of his few pleasures is listening to his favourite CD's. I thought I'd add to his collection by buying this CD. All the songs sound the same, the singers have no feeling in their voices. My dad said "they're good songs but they're being sung badly". Each to their own etc....but if you take my advice, you won't buy this.
on 22 November 2013
A nice sound and a very quick delivery. Ordered one day and arrived the next morning. Brilliant. As it is a Christmas present I haven't undone the package.
on 1 June 2013
If you're Irish, or even half Irish, this is a very good selection of old sing alongs. I only wish it had "The Charladies Ball" on it.