Style Name: Measuring Jug-0.5LChange
Price:£2.65+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 13 January 2012
the jug has the same ml and pint marks on both sides, which is good for right and left handed users. the jug itself seems to be factory second as there are lots of inclusions inside the glass, which only affect the look of it, and the print of the scale is inclined, which might mean not exact measures - maybe that's the reason for the reduced price?
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 January 2015
I have had several of these jugs over my lifetime and none have ever cracked with heat or cold.
The jug is strong glass that feels nice in the hand, is easy to use left or right handed and is a decent jug for pouring.
The measurements on the side are accurate and it is brilliant to use when baking and anything that needs accurate quantities .
Washing is easy and nothing really sticks to the glass or makes it difficult to clean.
My only complaint is that the red writing always always comes off. It very slowly, almost noticeably, fades away to almost nothing and to see the amount in the jug I have to resort to holding it up to the light to try to see the "ghosting" left behind from where the writing once was.
I have found that no matter how I wash the jug the same thing always happens, and the same thing has happened to the many I have owned .
on 11 October 2011
The glass is thick (thicker than I remember Pyrex's of old) though I'd have preferred a closed handle for safety myself. The markings are very clear and easy to read.
on 25 March 2013
Every home needs at least two of these. If you have only one measuring jug, just when you need it, you will find that it is in the fridge with the left-over gravy. Go ahead and buy another one now.
on 20 July 2013
And it pours without slopping or dripping. It also measures. Plus, you can wash it up by hand or in the dish-washer. Imperial or metric, which is nice.
on 17 March 2015
I always use glass jugs in preference to plastic as it does not retain flavourings or become stained, added to which I am committed to using fewer plastic products where possible in baking.

I have two Pyrex glass jugs and find them indispensable - not only for mixing and measuring liquids, but also to heat liquids or sauces in the microwave (saves getting another receptacle dirty).

This jug is a solid feeling and stable item and the markings down the side are durable - on mine these still look like new, despite extensive use. However, the measurement on this jug only has levels marked down to 50ml, and I would have appreciated a 25ml mark because judging this amount by eye is difficult due to the curved and thick base of the jug. If you also whisk liquids with a fork or metal whisk in the jug, you will find it will get scratched, especially around the bottom. I have now purchased a softer whisk to solve this problem. For the price, they are a good buy and I have not found a better glass alternative at reasonable cost.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 January 2015
After ordering this Pyrex Measuring Jug, it came incredibly fast and was very well packed. It came wrapped in thick, bubble wrap so there was no need to worry about it being broken on delivery.

The glass is very thick and strong, so hopefully it will last me for a couple of years to come. Its not too heavy to hold, and easy to use in both the left or right hand. The measurement on both sides are accurate, which is brilliant if you need accurate quantities. The measurement on the glass are very easy to read and understand. It can handle a wide range of different tasks and deals very well with heat, which is a huge added bonus. It is very easy to wash, and dishwasher safe. I have washed by Pyrex Jug plenty of times and the measures still look as clear as they did when I first got it. We have not experienced any problems with this Pyrex Glass since we purchased it.

For the price, I would highly recommend this jug to anyone.
Pyrex jugs may not be one of the most glamorous kitchen accoutrements but they are definitely one of the most useful. My parents have owned an old Pyrex measuring jug for something like the past 25 years (or more!) and, aside from being quite a lot more scratched than it used to be, it still works perfectly well.

This new jug seems made along more or less the same lines as the old one - they have a similar size, a similar thickness and a similar heft, only the new one has a straight handle that's fixed only at the top rather than the curved, double-fixed handle of old. In most other respects the old and new jugs appear pretty much identical, except that this time around the measurement scales are printed in a fetching red type, as opposed to blue. There are actually two scales, giving measurements in two sets of increments - up to a pint on the right-hand scale and up to 500ml on the left. Both scales are printed on opposing sides of the jug so they can be seen irrespective of which way the jug is facing.

The jug's pouring spout has come under fire from some reviewers as being less like a pouring spout and more like a torrential flooding spout, and while you do have to be a bit careful when pouring, I think the same has always been true with Pyrex jugs like this. I don't know if there's a particular reason for keeping them like this, but if they could be made with a less shallow spout, I think this would help matters quite a lot.

Most families have owned a Pyrex jug at one time or another and this one continues the tradition very well. I'm not sure that I prefer the single-fixed design of the handle as the double-fixed ones of old, but that's just my preference and in all other respects this jug is at least as good as the old ones. Just be a bit careful when pouring from it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2015
Had been used for many many dishes, measurements and stocks over the years. Has lasted me over 10 years and despite numerous drops and falls is still intact. I wouldn't want to be without it
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 January 2016
Having grown tired of squinting to try and read the embossed markings on my plastic measuring jug I decided to buy this classic.

Pleasingly the scales are kept simple (no weight measures and no measurement in cups) just Pint and Litre scales.

The scales measure from 50 ml to 500 ml (half a litre) in 50 ml increments and from 2 to 20 fluid ounces (1 pint) in one fluid ounce increments. The same scales are repeated on both sides so the jug is equally suitable for left and right-handed people and printed in red so they’re easy to read.

The jug is very versatile being suitable for use in an oven, microwave, fridge and freezer and is dishwasher safe.

It’s made of Pyrex glass so I know that one day it’ll smash on the floor, but until then the joy of not squinting to try and read the hieroglyphics of my old plastic measuring jug.

The one slight downside is the open handle and I tend to wrap my thumb over the top to grip it securely which is not good if its full of hot custard, but it does mean you can pick it up using oven gloves, so on balance it’s probably the best design choice.

I remember jugs just like this one from my childhood, so I guess the design has stood the test of time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse