Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Measuring Jug-0.5L|Change

on 13 January 2012
the jug has the same ml and pint marks on both sides, which is good for right and left handed users. the jug itself seems to be factory second as there are lots of inclusions inside the glass, which only affect the look of it, and the print of the scale is inclined, which might mean not exact measures - maybe that's the reason for the reduced price?
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 5 January 2015
I have had several of these jugs over my lifetime and none have ever cracked with heat or cold.
The jug is strong glass that feels nice in the hand, is easy to use left or right handed and is a decent jug for pouring.
The measurements on the side are accurate and it is brilliant to use when baking and anything that needs accurate quantities .
Washing is easy and nothing really sticks to the glass or makes it difficult to clean.
My only complaint is that the red writing always always comes off. It very slowly, almost noticeably, fades away to almost nothing and to see the amount in the jug I have to resort to holding it up to the light to try to see the "ghosting" left behind from where the writing once was.
I have found that no matter how I wash the jug the same thing always happens, and the same thing has happened to the many I have owned .
on 17 March 2015
I always use glass jugs in preference to plastic as it does not retain flavourings or become stained, added to which I am committed to using fewer plastic products where possible in baking.

I have two Pyrex glass jugs and find them indispensable - not only for mixing and measuring liquids, but also to heat liquids or sauces in the microwave (saves getting another receptacle dirty).

This jug is a solid feeling and stable item and the markings down the side are durable - on mine these still look like new, despite extensive use. However, the measurement on this jug only has levels marked down to 50ml, and I would have appreciated a 25ml mark because judging this amount by eye is difficult due to the curved and thick base of the jug. If you also whisk liquids with a fork or metal whisk in the jug, you will find it will get scratched, especially around the bottom. I have now purchased a softer whisk to solve this problem. For the price, they are a good buy and I have not found a better glass alternative at reasonable cost.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 January 2015
After ordering this Pyrex Measuring Jug, it came incredibly fast and was very well packed. It came wrapped in thick, bubble wrap so there was no need to worry about it being broken on delivery.

The glass is very thick and strong, so hopefully it will last me for a couple of years to come. Its not too heavy to hold, and easy to use in both the left or right hand. The measurement on both sides are accurate, which is brilliant if you need accurate quantities. The measurement on the glass are very easy to read and understand. It can handle a wide range of different tasks and deals very well with heat, which is a huge added bonus. It is very easy to wash, and dishwasher safe. I have washed by Pyrex Jug plenty of times and the measures still look as clear as they did when I first got it. We have not experienced any problems with this Pyrex Glass since we purchased it.

For the price, I would highly recommend this jug to anyone.
on 11 October 2011
The glass is thick (thicker than I remember Pyrex's of old) though I'd have preferred a closed handle for safety myself. The markings are very clear and easy to read.
on 10 June 2016
This Pyrex jug is quite a useful size, with measurements for both repeated on the opposite side, making it easy to use by left or right handers.

The jug is made of thick glass and is relatively heavy as a result. The handle is comfortable and feels safe in use (you can get a good grip), with sufficient gap to avoid the potential to burn fingers if used for hot liquids. The jug itself is sized sufficiently that you can whisk ingredients inside rather than use a bowl and it also pours well.

Whilst described as dishwasher safe, all of mine tended to get scratched if washed that way, not enough to lose the measuring markers, but it does get a little unsightly. Washing by hand is easy and probably better.

This is my third Pyrex jug. I can vouch for the fact that they shatter into nasty pieces of glass if dropped (first jug) and are also prone to chip (second jug lost a good inch of glass, with fragments, when something caught against it in the cupboard); they are not indestructible. I did think long and hard whether to get another Pyrex jug given this would be my third but the alternatives just did not measure up.
on 25 March 2013
Every home needs at least two of these. If you have only one measuring jug, just when you need it, you will find that it is in the fridge with the left-over gravy. Go ahead and buy another one now.
on 17 April 2016
I know this may sound a bit like an infomercial on a shopping channel, but since buying this Pyrex jug, I've genuinely been wondering how I coped without one before! This is my "go to" container for just about everything. I use it to warm beans, to cook frozen veg, to make and pour gravy, to make scrambled eggs and even once to make a cuppa, just to show my kids what happens during the process of making tea. (I think the TV must have been broken that day!)

As far as design and quality goes, it's as good as any half litre jug can be! It's solid. It has a handle. It has a spouty thing. It has measuring markers on BOTH sides (which will please leftys and rightys). It even has imperial measurements for those who insist that the metric system is the new-fangled work of the devil.

Once I had used one of these jugs, I knew I needed two. I used it so frequently, I couldn't bare the anxiety while one was sat in the dishwasher waiting to be cleaned. What if I needed beans before the dishwasher had cleaned the last one? Nope, that would be disastrous; I needed a spare one. I'm pretty sure they will last forever and be handed down through generations. Well done, Pyrex.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 November 2015
As expected, a good quality and sturdy jug. The print stays on even after going through the dishwasher countless times and the glass has stayed as good as new instead of dulling down like some can in time. The measurements are totally accurate (checked against to other jugs and all precise) so it does what it's meant to do.
on 27 July 2015
Good price and whilst it does not really have 'style', they make great teapots, frozen veggie/anything microwave pots (use a silicone lid in both cases, the Le Creuset Cool Tool is great) and also, they are superb soup bowls, the handle makes it very easy to manage.

Wish there was a more decorative version of them!