Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

4.6 out of 5 stars1,701
Colour: WhiteChange

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 November 2012
These rechargeable candles are fantastic! They look the real deal but are completely safe (which is what we need with a very nosey cat!!). They look so pretty and shed very soft light + will be very handy if we have any power cuts! Would really recommend as a Christmas present too!
review image review image review image
on 29 March 2010
I now have two sets of these fantastic little rechargeable LED candle lights - blue and red. They look just like real candles burning in frosted glass holders. Recharging is really easy on the silver charger base shown in the picture, and the charger timer turns off automatically when charging is finished. A single charge lasts for ages - I've used the lamps in the evenings for well over a week before recharging. Turning them on and off couldn't be simpler - you simply invert the lamp.
We first saw them in a restaurant in Leeds and were impressed. Everyone who sees them in our house has been equally impressed, and I know of at least two of our visitors who have bought a set having seen ours! They are brilliant for mood lighting, as a window decoration, for creating a relaxing ambiance (the red are warm, the blue cool) and are amazing as the centrepiece for the dinner table. If you like candles without the mess, smell or potential fire hazard, these are for you. At around £25 for the set of three they are a bargain - I've seen some retailers selling them at £60-plus. Philips also make a set of amber (natural) colour lamps, and several different sizes of rechargeable candle lamps including tealights. You can buy the lamps separately without the charger base if you already have one. Two minor caveats:
1. Like all rechargeable battery products, battery performance will decline over time, especially if the instructions on charging aren't followed. Using Philips' figures, I reckon my sets will have a fully functional life of 20 years!
2. The holders are glass, so require care in placement and handling. They are very stable, but could be chipped or smashed if knocked from a shelf on to the floor (watch the cat - they are fascinated!)
These little lamps are one of the best products we've bought for years!
on 29 March 2008
I have bought 2 sets and am about to order another for the bathroom.
I just love them they give off a soft candle light and have so far fooled all my guests. very realistic and last about 12 hrs without recharge. Also great for caravan where 12 volt can be saved and fire risk of candles is illiminated. Candlelight at the flick of your wrist who could ask for more!. No switches to turn off and on. many of my friends have left my home and gone home to order these. Great value and you can buy extra candles from any philips stockist who will order them for you part Number- 799012 IMAGEO LED Candle single White. I got the part number for the extra lights from philips support who were very helpful
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2010
I first came across these candle lights when on a break in Edinburgh a couple of years ago. We were in a restaurant overlooking the Firth of Forth and there was one of these candle lamps on every table.
I was quite taken with them and thought they were a good (and safer) alternative to candles.

Back home a few months later, I was browsing Amazon online and came across these Philips Imageo Rechargeable LED Candle Lights. I realised these were the same as what I had seen on the restaurant tables a few months later and fancied buying some.

My lights arrived well packed with full instructions, but basically once you have removed them from their packaging, you realise exactly what you are meant to do with them.
The induction charger base holds the three candle lights for charging, so it is simply a case of plugging it in and waiting for them to charge. There is a light in the centre of the charger which you press and it then lights up whilst charging. When the light goes out, your candle lights are charged and ready to use.

The first time you charge the candle lights you are advised to charge them for 12 hours, which I did. There is also a built in safety timer anyway so that charging will cease after 12 hours.

Once charged you are then meant to tilt the candle light to the side to turn it on. Lifting the candle from the base, I tilted it to one side and nothing happened. I tilted it to the other side - again nothing happened.
I tried the other two lights and neither worked.
At this point after listening to me complaining, my partner, along with his usual " you buy some stupid things don't you? " comments, came over and picked up one of the lights and tilted it back and forth quite vigorously. This did the trick and there was light!
This had to be repeated with the other two lights to get them to work and it seems every time I want to turn my lights on or off, they require a vigorous shake from side to side.

Sometimes I begin to think they are not going to turn on/off as there seems to be no consistency as to how many times they have to be tilted. I have on some occasions tilted them back and forth a number of times before they illuminate or turn off and I am not sure that it should be this way. Whilst I could not see anything on the instructions to say they only have to be tilted once, it certainly does not state that they have to be tilted back and forth numerous times!
However, they do work eventually, sometimes after one tilt, sometimes after 7 or 8. So be prepared for some vigorous tilting at times!

Once lit, they are really pretty, especially when used in a darkened room. They offer a golden yellow flame-like flicker, which is both attractive and comforting to look at. The frosted glass holders are also quite thick, so they do not appear really fragile, although you must still handle them carefully, especially when tilting them.
I used mine for a few hours each night and after 4 or 5 days they needed charging again, which I thought was reasonable. The booklet stated you can expect to receive around 20 hours of candlelight from each charge.

These candle lights are also ideal to use outside and I did like the effect when placing them on the table on my patio on a warm evening during summer. They are great to use at barbecues etc and are water resistant.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase. I like their effect and they are totally safe to use, which is probably the big selling point for these. Ideal for those who are nervous of having candles burning, or those with young children around.
The only downside for me is having to sometimes tilt them several times to get them to turn on or off. I definitely think they are worth buying when on offer, but I don't think I would ever have parted with £30 for them ( I bought mine when they were on offer half price!)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These are extremely easy to use and give your little piece of outdoor space an atmospheric twinkle without the dangers of real candles to children and pets. They're waterproof (I've proven that) insofar as they can be left out in the rain (turned upside down) and really attractive on a mild evening as the sun goes down (typically behind a huge thunder cloud this summer).

Update - I'm still using them nearly two years later. So they've lasted pretty well!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 February 2008
My partner loves the ambience of candles and the sheer convenience of these was bound to please. No burning out, no related waxy smell and no fire risk. Pretty realistic ornamentally but I wouldn't think they would be of much functional use in a power cut, so I won't throw out the emergency candle supply. Not majorly expensive so a pleasing purchase with wide appeal.
on 14 July 2009
I bought two sets of these (one red, one blue) via the Amazon offer, and i think they're brilliant. As others have said, they don't really provide enough light to read by, especially as they're coloured, but work great for just having a little mood lighting as it were. I have the red ones in my bedroom and leave them on overnight when i sleep. The batteries last an age in them, not done any timed tests, but i can go for a couple of days before they run out, with leaving them on all night both nights and most of the evenings. Take into account it can take up to 12 hours to fully charge them though.

They're also great for using in the bathroom, as they charge by induction (like an electric toothbrush) they have no exposed electrical components, and i use all 6 to create a very relaxing mood.

The only gripe i can think of is how long it takes to fully charge the candles, apart from that a great product that's much safer and in the long run cheaper then conventional candles.

I've also uploaded some photos of the candles as the colours on the site are a bit brighter and pastel like than the candles really are.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I adore candles but having moved into a new, smaller room than before, I daren't risk them. So I was thrilled to come across these, and having read Amazon reviews for them, decided to give them a go. They are easy to use, and they're safe, long lasting and effective, as well as them not getting hot so you can handle them and move them around while they're on.

My slight bugbears are that the glass scratches easily; I have had them less than a day and there is already a scratch on one of them. I also find the shade of orange they flicker, slightly unrealistic. But not enough not to recommend them to others. I plan to buy more.
on 30 May 2007
There wasnt a problem with candles that needed to be solved, but if any one was going to try it would be philips, well i for one am glad they have. The philips imageo candle's are brilliant and extremelly easy to use. They arive in a well designed box, you get three candles a mains lead and a charging stand, The candles need charged for 12 hours before use and this is extremelly easy, the candes simpy sit on the charging stand i.e not wired in. After the 12 hours they are fully charged for 24 hours. To turn these on it is very easy and inovative, There is no button to press you simply tilt the candle to the side and the candle lights up, the candles are also lightweight and ideal for outdoor and indoor use as they are waterpoof. In my opinion they produce a fantastic effect and are well worth the price in fact i have allready ordered another set. go out there and join the candle revoloution
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2008
You can have candlelit rooms where no constant supervision is required due to presence of real flames and children (or adults behaving like children, like at parties). Here up North you quite often get power cuts especially in remote areas, especially in winter, so these lights put paid to stumbling round in the dark lighting candles or the harsh light of torches especially if the power's off for many hours. Other reviewers speak of the realistic effect etc; I won't repeat them, but I do agree, and I'm glad I bought two sets so that one can recharge whilst the other's in use. I gave a set to someone for Christmas and they love it. I've just ordered another set for myself.

P.S. 9th Feb.2014. After being knocked on to the floor, two sets still work fine. One set, never knocked over, apparently charges (charging light lights up) but no lights. For power cuts I've changed to rechargeable nightlights-cum-torches e.g. **TWIN-PACK** 3-in-1 Rechargeable Torch, Automatic Night Light & Emergency Power Cut Light. As seen on BBC's "Dragons Den" and a tilley lamp for a higher level of illumination. These "candles" are used more for mood lighting and power cut backups as the advantage is that they can be moved anywhere (not restricted to socket or cord).

This review is for Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White, Amazon ref ASIN B000JP4M6O.