on 28 September 2011
Nice little practise mat , bought this on an amazon black friday sale and it was a bargain, about £4.99. I wouldnt want to pay more than a tenner though for this as its only good for practising your putting stroke and not length of swing.
VINE VOICEon 7 April 2010
I chose this as a birthday present for my golf-obsessed brother. I thought it looked the business and hoped that he would like it too. I am happy to report that he loves it and has it set up in his (man shed) garage, where he can putt as long as he wants.
on 14 January 2010
Good product and as described. Returns the balls really well and works without the supplied mat which doesn't lie flat really. But still works well. Gave it as a present to my son who loves it and spent Christmas day practising.
on 22 December 2014
Putting mat good for in indoor use when weather is bad outside.
Make a good novelty gift for the office worker who love golf.
Have tested it work great all the time.
Good value for money.
Even had some free gift inside a ball marker.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a green felt mat with a "hole" at one end, behind which is a mock bunker and mock lake. When the ball goes in the hole - it is returned. We bought it as a present for our 10 year old daughter.

It doesn't come with any club, or a ball of any kind, even plastic - so you would need your ow equipment. This is my one concern, as it's clearly designed to be used inside the house, but I'm not keen on her using a proper golf ball inside, so I will be buying plastic balls. When it first comes out - the felt mat also retains the bumps from the folds, so it takes an iron or a bit of time to flatten it out.

My daughter does enjoy playing with this, and I would recommend it for someone who is keen on golf.
on 19 November 2015
My 5 year old loves this just make sure that you have the correct size batteries as we had to hunt around on Christmas Day neighbors to see if anyone had some which luckily for us they did
on 14 February 2011
This was a Christmas present, but bought a month before from Amazon. I am a golf beginner and terrible putter and was very eager to try this; I used it indoors on carpet maybe 15-30 mins a day, 3-4 days per week for about 6 weeks this year before the ball return mechanism broke - it will not cock the spring fully, and just makes a lot of noise continuously trying to do so, until you remove the batteries. So who keeps all the boxes and documentation for return 3 months after Christmas? Anyway -

Pros: the auto-return mechanism did what it said, and is strong enough to return the ball for long puts (20ft or longer on smooth carpet?)
Cons: the mechanism for resetting the return spring is quite noisy; wide markings and hole surround give a much bigger visual (and actual?) target than the real thing; the felt mat does not flatten completely so not much usable unless you like putting over wavy bumps (but it works well enough on carpet without it); and most importantLy - it broke down within 2 months of light use.

On balance, the pros would have outweighed all the other cons for me if only it had lasted. The pain of having to find manufacturer's details (no obvious help from Amazon's return process here), find documentation, claim a warranty repair/replacement, return etc. is proving too big a deterrent.
on 13 July 2010
I bought this mat as a birthday present believing that it was 275cm long and 61cm wide as per the description. (This is 9ft long and 2ft wide in "old money") What I received was a flimsy mat overall size approximately 180cm long and 30cm wide. (6ft by 1ft) Very disappointing. The mat has now been returned. The description is evidently wrong.
0Comment10 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2015
Great fun on christmas day with the brother (who i bought for as he loves golf) and the rest of the family.
on 14 June 2012
Very disappointed and can't return it under 30 days the gears are broken so ball don't return why they use plastic gears is behond me should be metal or something.

See one answered question