Size: 100 ml|Change

on 20 March 2015
I've had a bottle of terre d'hermes before which ran out recently. I decided to buy here due to price. I received Terre D'Hermes from this seller perfumeworlduk and when I opened the box I thought the bottle looked of poor quality. The glass bottle was uneven inside, the lid slider is very loose and the metal on top is moving. I tried the perfume, it smells like terre d'hermes so I thought ok maybe it's just the bottles have changed. I then noticed that the longevity of the scene was gone after 1 hour. Which is impossible if this is genuine terre d'hermes as my last bottle lasted 24 hours! I contacted hermes directly, sent pictures of the bottle from every angle including the serial number. They've confirmed this is indeed a counterfeit bottle sold to me. I'm waiting for a reply from perfumeworlduk so will update once I get a reply.
review image review image review image
33 comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2016
Before instantly dismissing this product as ‘HAHA! FAKE!!!’ please read this…

You are on a product page for 50ml of Hermes - Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette 50ml.

The company selling this fragrance changes and (as far as I can tell) whoever is providing the best price at the present time will be the main seller that shows on this page.

For example at present it says:
Sold by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes and Fulfilled by Amazon.
When I purchased this it said Sold by Perlago Ltd and Fulfilled by Amazon.
When the person who bought the actual fake one (the main review that shows on this page) purchased this it will have said Sold by perfumeworlduk and Fulfilled by Amazon.

So before you jump in and buy this, just click on whoever is currently selling this product and check out their reviews. For example, Perlago Ltd. Who I bought mine from have a rating of 4.8 stars based on 1,107 ratings, so instantly this gives a very good indication that the seller can be trusted.

I am very happy to say that my purchase (which was an amazing bargain at £25.60 for 50ml) is 100% genuine. It was factory sealed and the batch numbers are intact on the bottle and the box.

This is a fantastic fragrance. Professional, serious and masculine. Best work during spring / autumn during the day for an important occasion / for business.

Brilliant EDT, very happy with my purchase.
Absolutely incredible fragrance. No point in going into detail as it's completely subjective, your best bet it to test it yourself in a department store.

I only rated 1 star because I had to send my bottle back as it was old and nowhere near as strong as a fresh bottle. I bought my bottle from a third party seller, be very very careful as it may be real and may look identical but these guys get it cheap when it's close to or past it's shelf life.

The first thing to do is check the packaging for the serial number, mine was cut out from the bottom - a classic sign they don't want you to trace when and where this came from.
on 22 October 2015
Smells really good, definately a masculine smell, was quite strong for the first 10 mins but then dies down to a lovely smell that lasts a long time. It's the type of aftershave that makes your girlfriend steal your clothes to snuggle with as they still smell like your aftershave days later. My new favourite fragrance and it'll last a long time as you only need a bit. Came in original sealed boxing, genuine product
review image
on 3 January 2011
"Mmmmm, what is that!?!", that is the usual response I get when someone smells it for the first time. It's a "Classic" much like Ultra Voilet. This one will stay on my shelf till the missus gets sick of it!
on 7 July 2014
I may have written a previous review on this, but I have in the last few months built a large collection of fragrances because they were going for half price, and still are. I have acquired some lovely fragrances from Boss, Ted Baker, Paul Smith, Armani, CK to name many more, and yes its true, many have commented on the gorgeous scent of this fragrance, which eclipses the best of all my others.

It has a lovely orangey, spicy woody masculine smell that I bought in the Perfumery in Lymington while on a Christmas break about three years ago, and I liked the spicy-orangey smell for Christmas as accurately described by the bird in the shop when I was more flush for spending when unsure what to go for.

If there is anything nicer than this I would love to know what it is, and I would invite comments from anyone disappointed with Terre D'Hermes.

The only other fragrance I would say equals this or comes close, is Dunhill Edition which they have stopped producing. I do keep this for special occasions, it is a bit too good for work or just going out to the pub for a pint or whatever. My brother was impressed with it on me and bought some for himself, and he is not easily impressed. I also have ultra violet man which is pleasant enough, but this is head and shoulders above that and everything else.

This is the Rolls Royce of fragrances without a shadow of doubt.
Not nearly as strong as previous purchases from chemists/boutiques - suspect it may have been watered down. Very disappointed.
on 12 November 2011
Birds love it. And unlike cheaper, lesser fragrances, it lasts all day. Unless you are a complete munter, you will pull wearing this.
on 13 January 2014
While the product smells as it should, I have convinced myself after some time that this is a fake product, as the smell of this fragrance diminishes very quickly, having received a smaller bottle from wife at Christmas which was brought from the High Street, there is a significant difference in how long the fragrance lasts, having worn this fragrance for a number of years, I have become a custom to it lasting the best part of the day, however this one ordered from Amazon, failed...
on 11 April 2015
This is my favourite aftershave and with a little left of my original, genuine product left, I ordered some more. This had no smell other than pure alcohol and although the packaging looked the part, the contents were very different from the Hermes Terre that I had to compare it with. Bought more elsewhere and it was just as I hoped it would be - and expected!