on 20 September 2010
I am a great fan of the Irish Times and have enjoyed the trial subscriptions. Any annoyances concerning navigation seem to be common to other newspaper subscriptions with Kindle, e.g. no photographs, the home page being set to the top story and a rather strange navigation system that assumes readers will work their way through the paper in order. You also won't get some of the "atmospheric" things some emigrants enjoy... such as the deaths, births and marriages!

In the final analysis, though the (sterling price) of £14.99 per month (that's almost £180 per year!) for something I can read for free on the web is just too much. I like reading the Irish Times, but for the cut down Kindle edition what were they thinking when they set the price?
11 comment38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2011
I really enjoyed having The Irish Times on my Kindle. It is my newspaper of choice and this certainly is an easy way to read it once you get used to navigating the format. I don't read it cover to cover but browse through and read which articles interest me the most, which I can already do on my computer, but I have to admit that this way is far more convenient. However, it is not convenient enough to justify the high price, especially considering it is only available 6 days a week.... As the previous reviewer said, it is far too expensive for what it is.
22 comments20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2010
its great to get the newspaper but what a disappointment at 7am on a Friday to get the Thursday edition. I am sure that in dublin the friday edition is already on sale. By 8am I had the current edition. A great service but be alittle more awake than me and just check the date before downloading a single edition.
11 comment16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2013
From the beginning of March, The Irish Times is not available to download until well after 7am GMT, it used to be available at 4.30am GMT when some of us in far off reaches get the chance to read the paper.
Also, Since the same period, the articles are either incomplete or have no headers. Has someone new taken over? I will be stopping my subscription if not rectified soon.
on 16 October 2012
If you want to keep really up to date on ireland and read the time everyday this is great. I have no issue with the navigation or anything else. It is a fantastic read and works well on kindle. However I do not really feel the need to read Irish newspaper everyday and would much prefer if one of the Irish sundays was on kindle which would allow me to stay in touch for a fraction of this price.

In short, it's great to read but for me, too expensive
on 8 November 2012
Great product, but price is same as paper version- should be cheaper. Surely cost of printing and commission to retailer is more than costs of distribution via kindle?!
on 17 January 2012
I cant think of a better way to start the day than sit down and read this newspaer. And what makes it even better I dont have to wait in a line and buy it! This paper is truly phenomenal and I would reccomend it to everyone who enjoys sitting down and reading a newspaer as much as I do!
on 2 March 2014
I was disappointed that there was so little content- just what you get on a phone app without photos. Very limited articles and for me the big disappointment - no crossword!
on 15 August 2013
Since the recent website changes, the quality of the kindle version has suffered badly. Layout is poor, typographical errors have increased and there are a lot of articles with no titles, so navigation suffers.

Recently the issues have now arrived with all articles repeated; you get each article twice.

I'm sad. It never used to be like this; the quality of production has decreased. I assume that no-one is checking the output of any automated scripts or doing any testing.

I'll go back to the web version or back to buying hard copy if this continues.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2013
Waste of money and have not read it. Could not be bothered with it at all. Never again could not think why I got it in the first place.