on 6 January 2008
Would be five stars if it had the cleaning rod and finger chart as described.

Otherwise, as you'd expect with the Yamaha name, well made and great value.
on 21 November 2010
Great value and so easy to maintain - stick in the dishwasher - no saliva swollen wooden ones!
Delivery was next day.
on 3 January 2013
Christmas present for 5 year old granddaughter. She loved it especially the colour. Not so sure her parents were so keen particularly at 5 a.m. on Christmas morning!!!
on 23 April 2012
This was bought as a present for a little girl who wants to learn to play the recorder. Having played the instrument for more years than I care to remember, I can say that it is good value for money, and the colour is an incentive for her to play as pink is her favourite colour. And the name Yamaha - what more can I say?
on 20 September 2010
I ordered this for our 3 year old, more as a toy than an instrument, there were a number to choose from, but due to our reason for buying one we looked at the cheaper ones, the price made me think it would not be very good quality, I was totally wrong !
It is beautifully made, strong and easy to dismantle and clean.
Excellent value for money and our 3 year old adores it, though she has a long way to go to get a recognisable tune out of it :o)
Highly recommended.
on 22 July 2009
I don't think I can write too much about a recorder. I'm 19 years of age and was bored, and thought I'd learn. I'd say it's a kid's instrument but I may be being ignorant. I learnt all the songs from a little book in a half hour or so.

The recorder is great... but I wish I hadn't got a see-through one. Sorry to be disgusting but you see all the spit inside it. And I did try and control that aspect of my playing.

Good luck with your musical talents!
on 1 June 2013
You might think changing the colour of an instrument wouldn't have much effect but it does. My daughter likes being able to tell her recorder from those of her schoolmates and she is more inclined to practice. I haven't decided if that is a good thing or not. The colour is transparent so you can sometimes see saliva running down the inside.
on 3 December 2009
A nice vibrant colour, well made and if your child does not know how to play it can be noisy!
on 18 February 2015
Lovely recorder, well made in three parts I am a recorder player so I wanted something good for my grandaughter. Its definitely not a toy one. Lovely tone. Excellent value for money. I think I might buy one to add to my collection.
on 12 March 2012
I brought this for my 8 yr old daughter because she hated using the schools and she loves it. The colour is bold, bright and true to the image and all her friends wish they had one just like it. I would highly recommend it