Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 31 July 2013
This was my first heart rate monitor, and at first I was a little hesitant because of the low price. But I needn't have been. This is an excellent bit of kit that has already made a massive difference to my fitness programme. The chest strap is comfortable and works well. The wristwatch is basic, but functional. The display is easy to read (even with my over-40 eyesight!)and four buttons easy to access on the move. One feature I particularly like is the audible alarm that tells you when you're outside of the training zone you've specified.

All in all, this product is fantastic value for money and I am absolutely delighted with it. Thoroughly recommended for anyone looking to manage their fitness programme more precisely.

I have now been using this device for just over a year, and like others here I have begun to realise why it's so cheap. Although it worked great at first, performance started to suffer after a few months. First the heart rate monitoring became very erratic. Changing batteries did not fix the problem. Finally, the buttons on the wristwatch started to seize up rendering it pretty much useless. I have contacted the supplier but basically they couldn't care less. I have downgraded my rating as much for the poor customer support as the poor quality product itself.
on 19 July 2014
I would recommend this HRM watch to anybody that is looking to purchase their first HRM watch. Its easy to set up with clear and simple instructions just enter your weight height and gender and you are ready to go. The heart rate strap that is included with the watch is comfortable and easy to adjust to your own bodies size so it fits snugly around your chest and isn't too tight. The functions on the watch are very helpful for me as i cycle daily and wanted to check how many calories i had burned during my cycle, and the watch displays this it also shows me how many grams of fat i have burned making it very help for anyone that wants to achieve their weight loss goals by using the calorie and fat burned function on the watch. One bit of advice i would have for anyone that purchases this watch is to WET the heart rate monitor strap by running it under a tap for a few seconds because it detects your heart alot easier when the strap is wet.
on 21 May 2011
This is my first heart rate monitor and I am completely satisfied with it. The only negative point I can think of is that the menu is not intuitive, but it is easy to learn, because Beurer provided excellent diagrams showing the available options. I am satisfied with the quality of the product descriptions as well. I recommend reading the instructions first before trying to push the buttons randomly. Apart from this the device is superb.

It finds signal very quickly for me and does not lose it during the workout, despite the fact that I usually run near overhead wires and having a mobile phone close to the monitor. It displays the most important information during a workout: time, heart rate and whether you are in the target zones or not.

The sensor's range is 70 cm which is ideal, because it is less likely to interfere with other devices when not running alone. The contrast of the display is excellent, perfectly readable even in direct sunlight, and the backlight is very bright, too. I especially like the design of the watch strap. The heart rate monitor's strap is a good one, as well.

Maintenance is not a problem, you can replace the battery by yourself in the monitor and you can have the battery replaced in the watch in every small shop offering this service (both batteries are the common CR2032). All parts can be cleaned with soapy water.

All in all this is a simple device, but it does exactly what it says on the tin - it is a 5 star product.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2014
I am a road cyclist and keen to improve my fitness in preparation for a long ride later this year. Though I've only used this a couple of times, first impressions are very good. It was bought to replace a very basic unit that just displayed current heart rate. This one records max and average heart rate on a ride, as well as time within, above and below the heart rate zone that you can set to whatever you want. I then transfer this info manually to my training diary. This is all the info I really need. I used to have a Garmin Edge 800 that was able to transfer HR data to Strava etc to give a fancy graph (until it packed up after it's first outing in the wet and promptly got sent back for a refund...thanks Amazon!). In reality the Garmin didn't really help me keep track of my fitness any more than this little unit does. I don't get all the GPS info that the Garmin was able to record but I don't really miss it.

One nice little touch is that the alarm for going out of the set HR zone can be easily turned on or off while riding. It even does a single beep if you are below the set minimum and a double beep if above the set maximum, though this is a slightly redundant feature as it pretty easy to tell for yourself!

One small criticism is that the heart rate display is smaller than the timer display, so less prominent. Considering it is first and foremost a heart rate monitor this is a little strange, but it is still pretty easy to see when riding even without my glasses.

All in all, thoroughly recommended if you are on a budget and want to keep a record of your heart rate data.
on 14 January 2014
This is the third "copy" of this watch that I have. I was too late to recognize when the first one stopped working, which prevented me from just getting the money back from Amazon. So, now I'm stuck with asking for a new one every time it breaks.

The first one just took about a year to break. It simply stopped getting a signal from the chest strap.
The second one stopped working a few months after getting it. It froze, (like Windows does from time to time), only this one does not seem to have a reset mechanism or a way to get it back to work.
The third one is still working, although the accuracy of the measures are often appalling.

I think this product is cheap for a reason, although Beurer is probably making a mistake by still selling it; eventually it will affect their brand negatively.
on 25 April 2014
This product is great!

I've started a calorie controlled diet and wanted to monitor exactly what I was burning during my workouts. This does the job perfectly. Even connects with the gym equipment. Simple and easy to use once you get the hang of it.

The only complaints I would have are that as you lose weight, you can't just decrease the number in your settings, you have to go all the way up to the maximum and wait for it to come back round. Also whenever you change your settings, your limits (as in lowest and highest heart rate) seem to reset themselves so you have to go and change them again.

Apart from that it has and does everything you need without costing a bomb!
on 14 February 2014
My very early reactions are all positive. The Beurer was bought to replace a 6-year old Polar whose sensor strap had died. Easy to set up when using the simple, clear instructions (though with my poor eyesight, I wish the instruction booklet were in a larger type!). The 4-button controls are easy to use - more logical than the Polar system - and the display is clear and easy to read. I like the options for reading heart-rate during exercise either with time elapsed or with clock time (and it is easy to swap from one to the other); and I like the ease at which one can temporarily stop recording when, for example, one stops for a rest or chat! Clearing the memory function (e.g. after one training session) requires positive action (depressing stop button for 5 seconds), so clearing cannot be done accidentally. Summary data provide more than I require: average, max., min. bpm, calories, fat burn, etc.; serious athletes would probably prefer more.
Both watch and strap can be worn when swimming. Both have easy battery replacement systems - in contrast to my previous unit, which calls for a new strap or return to service agent for battery replacement in strap.
Excellent value for money: cost for whole unit about the same as cost for replacing strap (or strap battery) in the previous unit.
on 25 February 2014
I bought the Beurer PM25 as I had a heart attack and needed to exercise safely to rebuild my heart. It arrived in late December but by half way through January it had stopped working. Amazon were very good and sent me a replacement very quickly, but within 2 weeks the replacement had failed as well. Each time they fail I have to exercise without knowing if my heart rate has become dangerously high. Due to the heart attack I am finding it difficult to find work and don't have much money, so buying one of the high-end monitors isn't really an option. It's a shame as it would have been ideal had they actually worked!
on 6 March 2013
good hrt information,cals and fat used.the display is VERY POOR unless you have 20/20 vision you cannot see the display when running and yhe backlight is worse than useless.not suitable if you have any eye problems
on 18 January 2014
What is the point of a wrist watch trekking you your heart rate, when the display is so dull that you have to stop your training in order to read it? The picture is misleading as to how difficult it is to see. Additionally, there is no mode that displays heart rate in large numbers on the display, the time or stop watch is always bigger. I got this to train for cycling events, it would be dangerous to use this whilst riding as reading the bpm would take to long with eyes off the road.