Colour: China Reds Bearings x8Size: 2 x 0.5 x 2Change

on 19 July 2013
These are the smoothest bearing ive ever had, I will most likely never buy anything else.
My board has near infinite roll. So easy to clean aswell.

Whether you've been skating for weeks or years, these are well worth buying.
on 20 October 2010
Great bearings as anyone will tell you, definitely beats the mediocre ABEC-5's I had in my complete before.
I recommend buying the Bones Speed Cream too to ensure endurance and a smooth experience.
Mine arrived from Enemite very quickly (the next day in fact) so the service is great too :)
on 13 April 2013
I didn't actually buy these from Amazon, I got mine from my local skate shop. These are like riding on butter, just glide along. Don't settle for anything else than Bones Reds. Just Don't.
on 4 January 2015
I bought these to replace the terrible bearings that came with my Almost complete setup. The bearings in that setup really were the weakest part of what was generally a pretty nice ride.

I was really struggling to keep up my speed and momentum while starting to skate again, particularly in a mini ramp, so thought that replacing my bearings would help.

I was really surprised at how much they improved my skateboarding, mainly because my wheels span much faster and rotated much longer, roughly around 4x the rotation of the cheaper bearings I was using.

This had an immediate impact on my progress, allowing me to link multiple tricks with a lot more ease.

I bought these from my local skate store, they are well packaged (you get a nice sticker) and they seem like decent quality, although I believe these are made in China. Bones do produce a much more expensive range, I think for the average skater these are pretty much the best you can get for the money.
on 28 August 2015
NOTE: I'm modifying my previous 5* review of what I thought were genuine Bones Reds. Please read for an explanation.

I've been using Bones Reds for a very long time and they are beautiful bearings, however the supplier I purchased from delivered non-genuine bearings to me. I appreciate this might not be their fault, but I'd recommend you purchase these bearings from somewhere you trust rather than online.

Before I knew these were fakes, I'd assembled my board and had already started riding. I visited my local skate shop later and purchased another set of Bones Reds just for the sake of having a replacement in the case of too much wear/tear on the ones I was already using.

After a few rides (under 10), my board started rattling really loudly when I was riding it. At first I thought it was just a simple case of tightening a few nuts here and there; I tried this but to no avail. Then I thought I'd replace the bearings and see if that helped at all...

I opened the new set and laid them out and prepared them. As I started removing the previously used bearings I put them side-by-side with the new ones and noticed the difference immediately. As you can see in the picture, the difference is very distinct - and is not because of wear. The real bearings that I'd purchased from my skate store for £20 are pictured on the right, and have thicker metal rims and a very different internal composition (for example, you can actually see the ball bearings in all of them). On the other hand the fakes (right) are all very inconsistent in their transparency. I tested the spin by putting two wheels on with both of the different sets and the real ones spun for around 35 seconds without further treatment and the fakes spun for 15 (do factor in prior wear as well, so maybe 20 at best).

Bones China Reds are tried and tested by the community and are incredibly good products, however I am leaving an honest review of the product I received - and it was this: usable at first, then absolutely balls.

I am not the first person to report to receiving false Bones bearings ordered from Amazon - someone ordered the Ceramic £80 bearings and received false bearings from the (albeit different) supplier also. I've since binned the ones I got from Amazon and will be sticking to purchasing in-store.

tl;dr: Thought they were real, they were fake. Replaced with genuine Reds and my board suddenly started working like a charm.
review image
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2013
I bought these as I had seen them on youtube go for five mins straight. The speed on it is amazing but that's not the end of it. The ride is so smooth and it even comes with a free skateboard sticker. They are the best of the best I recommend these I put these on my pennyboard and it goes for miles on on flat ground without a push highly recommend if you want to see video evidence of how good they are go to my YouTube channel

www.youtube.com/JamesVlogs100

on 22 August 2014
I'm not quite Tonie Hawk but will get closer with these.
Decent product.
on 7 November 2014
Really good bearings, I would recommend this item to anyone who is into skateboarding and are looking for some good bearings. I am pleased with this product and I am very pleased with the price that I paid.
on 1 August 2014
Ordered these on Tuesday and it came earlier than expected, great condition and the bearings roll for ages (compared to my old ones), I highly recommend these as you wouldn't need to keep on pushing.
on 3 March 2014
just get some! you will like it! Bones bearings are the best, nice durability, and even after a good time they keep spinning like crazy!