Package Quantity: 1Change

on 12 April 2012
for the first time this enabled me to make perfect fudge and jam.It wasvery cheap but not of inferior quality. A very good buy.
0Comment46 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2010
I am a chef and I have bought 4 of these now, for home, work and a couple for other people. I have read criticism for this product, when using small quantities and for the decals rubbing off.
It is fine for smaller quantities, don't worry about the minimum level line, it is still accurate at lower levels
(trust me, I have tested this). After you have used it, stand it in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes then wipe it gently dry with a piece of kitchen towel. If you rub it hard with abrasives the decals will come off, so just soak it and pat it dry. I use mine at work a lot for all different syrups, purees and caramels and it is fine.
0Comment236 of 241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2011
Bought this after reading the reviews of other makes, up to present I still have numbers that I can read, which is pretty much all you want, as no numbers, no good.
0Comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2011
I found the thermometer great. I had no problems using it even though it was not a large amount I was using it for. It registered the temp as it was supposed to with no problems. Good for the price. Follow the instructions for cleaning and I think it would last awhile.
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2014
After many hit and miss attempts at guessing the 'soft ball' stage of fudge I decided to buy a sugar thermometer and have just used it for the first time. The result is a batch of perfect, golden, creamy fudge which I doubt will last until Christmas.......
on 8 December 2010
I have seen this thermometer in the shops but not as good value as this, I am new to making jams and marmalade but my 1st and 2nd attempts at marmalade were successes thanks to this - no messing around with a cold plate to check its ready.
0Comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2014
We ordered this in January 2104 based on the large number of 5 star reviews on Amazon. After the 4th time we used the thermometer it became stuck at 90C, making it unusable.
on 25 October 2011
This thermometer does exactly what it says, and works perfectly if the instructions that come with it are faithfully followed. First batch of jam perfect.
on 17 January 2014
Adjustable clip on the back means you can clip it on the side of the pan at just the right level. I've made marmalade before without one of these; but knowing the right temperature (and it's marked on the scale) means I can be sure I'm going to get a set.
on 14 February 2015
Easy to read temperatures and labels for confectionery (hard-ball, soft-ball, etc.)
Handy metal clip on the back making it easy to attach to a cooking pot.
Easy to clean off any sugary-products after use.