Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 27 March 2012
I ordered these trouser to wear sailing under my hiking shorts and they are perfect.
I'm a size 8 and about 5"2, I order a size Small, which was a perfect fit for me, not tight fitting (a little baggy, but how I wanted them).
If you're a size 8 and want the trousers to be tight fitting order an XS.

The trousers are very comfortable to wear and dry very quickly making them perfect for wearing sailing.

Very happy with my purchase.
on 21 April 2012
I have two pairs of these, one black and one pink. They both do their job without a lot of bells and whistles. They stay up on my fairly curvy body. They go all the way down to my ankles (and I need a 34" inseam). And they are nice and warm - no wind-blocking but they are generally worn under another pair of pants, so. The black pair is actually dark/opaque enough that you could probably get away with wearing them as leggings with a tunic if you really wanted to. I've worn them as pajama bottoms a few times and didn't feel embarassed walking to the bathroom from the tent. At the same time, they are definitely thin enough that you can wear them under normal (non-hiking) pants. I'm one of those people who is always cold and wore them several times under jeans this winter.
The only kind of negative thing I could say is that the pink pair pilled a tiny bit after 5 or 6 washes but nothing terrible.
One last thing is that the first time they go on you have to pull a bit to get them all the way up, but they loosen up immediately and then seem to just stay exactly the right size without getting baggy.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2011
Bought this for my daughter for cold early morning runs. She's very pleased with the quality and warmth. Our only issue is with the sizing chart which looked like she needed a 'Large'. When she tried it on it was apparent we should have ordered 'Medium' as she thought initially. The product itself is wonderful.
on 25 March 2013
I used the size guide and ordered the size 10 as a result. I am typically a size 10 in clothes and sometimes a size 8 in trousers. These leggings are very short on my legs and quite tight around my ankles (and I have very skinny ankles). I will be using them for skiing and am hoping they will streatch with wearing.
on 15 April 2012
The Helly Hansen Lifa Dry Women's Pant were great for skiing, kept me warm and comfortable. However, they were lacking in elasticity and did not form a hugging fit.
on 3 January 2014
These pants are great for skiing or general sports or outdoorsiness where you need to keep warm, but not get sweaty.
on 9 December 2012
These pants deserve the 5 stars i have given them. They are not too thick and the material is comfortable even for someone like me with sensitive skin. They are nice to wear under your normal trousers for warmth in the winter.
on 7 January 2016
I'm a big fan of Helly Hansen usually, but these leggings are a big disappointment and I have returned them. They are no thicker than my standard 100 denier opaque black tights, and certainly not suitable to be worn on their own. They would be fine for a base layer, but some thick tights would do just as well and be much cheaper. I had expected quality similar to running tights, but even though I'm tall and slim I wouldn't feel comfortable running in these unless I had shorts over the top.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2013
These pants are fantastic. I wear them underneath my workwear or walking pants. They are too thin to wear alone. Keep me very warm.
on 23 January 2016
This definitely kept me warm as a base layer for sports. It was slightly long but no issue as it stretches and molds to you and I'm only 4 11". Going skiing in a week and can't wait to use it in the mountains (only used it for outdoor sports so far). Washed well and shrunk back to original size ready for next use. Would look fine wandering around a chalet in if you had to go down to breakfast or something without salopettes. Great quality too!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse