on 19 February 2014
On receipt of the purchase I had some reservations about the authenticity which continue to this day. The reasons for this are
(1) that although cellophane wrapped the box had some scraping marks on the edges as if used (2) the writing on the box was an off white, again as if used, and the genuine boxes have grey coloured 'Armani' and white coloured 'Code' just like the picture beside this review! (3) having opened the box the bottle head was black and the genuine ones are grey, as per the picture once again and this top is kind of ill-fitting.

With my doubts rising I got my current bottle out to compare the contents and there is a obvious difference in smell with my new bottle being inferior. Further to this I examined the current bottle and it has a label stuck to the bottom with serial numbers, etc, confirming its validity. Low and behold, the new purchased bottle has nothing.

So, to summarise, taking into account all that has been mentioned, I opine that this purchase is not a genuine article.

Bill McMillan
0Comment49 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2015
I read a lot of reviews, mostly positive but some negative saying it's fake etc. But I did some research, and one of the ways to tell is by comparing the batch number on the bottle and on the packaging it comes in. These should match, and in my case they did, they so that's one proof that it's not a fake. Another is to check the batch number, using http://checkcosmetic.net or http://www.checkfresh.com/how-to-find-batch-number.html. which will show you if it's a correct batch number and the date it was manufactured.

The Armani code for men isn't as strong as some other aftershaves for men so the scent is generally subtle, and i've compared to a sample I had from John Lewis, they smell exactly the same. The scent lasts quite a while too.
on 4 September 2010
This is probably my favorite aftershave out of the ones I own at the moment.

The smell is really subtle, but also long lasting.
Maybe this is a better choice if you're going to be getting close to people, because it's not the sort of smell you pick up on when walking past the person with it on.
on 19 March 2010
Armani Code is a sweet classy romantic fragrance.

After a number of sprays, I start to love Code more and more. I would recommend interested fellows to try it on your skin rather than a paper strip or a sample.

It is genuinely a scent of "Armani Tuxedo". Approximately 7 hours of longevity on my skin.

All in all. A very modern and elegant fragrance by Armani.

Cheers,
on 28 June 2013
To good to be true the bottle I got was filled with a weak smelling version avoid like the plague.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2014
Watered down. scent was very very weak compared to usual!!!
on 7 October 2012
A wonderful eau de toilette that is definitely worth having on the shelf in your bathroom. Draws compliments from females and males. Women love the scent and as a result, men want it. Subtle in its operation, people won't smell you before you enter the room as they will with some aftershaves but they will certainly catch a whiff of it as you pass prompting a pleasant 'mmm'. Lasts well, reasonably priced and you only need a squirt or two.
22 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2015
I don't like the smell of Lynx stuff and the smell never lasts. Perhaps because I'm a smelly monster. Anyway I use this bad boy and it almost makes me smell as if I'm human. Great.
on 8 November 2014
Fake
on 3 October 2015
I tried this product in Boots in the high street before buying the exact same item off the internet. The product as received was not as strong a scent as the one I tested in Boots and doesn't last as long as I would like. It smells nice and I enjoy using it but question whether it is realy the same stuff. It is a nice musky scent which I happen to like and I use it as my "every day" aftershave saving my favourite one ("Touch" by Gregorio Perla) for special occasions.
Just wish it was a stronger longer lasting scent that's all
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse