on 5 September 2011
Firstly, I don't like having to pay out over half the total cost of the original shaver on replacement foils (and unwanted cutters)after less than 6 months use, and only 4 shaves per week. However, my main complaint is not with the foils, but the shaver itself (Remington F3790). Because of the way Remington packages the product, there is no opportunity to have a close look at it prior to purchase. As a result, I have found that there is a very poorly designed long hair trimmer, which is not convenient to use, being sited on the back of the shaver. It is also very flimsy, and not as effective as my previous model. Further, the on-off switch is located in exactly the same central spot where my thumb resides when I shave, thus resulting in occasional unwanted mid-shave switch-offs. The quality of the actual shave is also poor, in comparison to my previous Remingtons, and the absence of a mains option, means that I will think more than twice before buying another Remington.
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2013
Purchased to replace damaged foil. Initially thought incorrect but once checked the foil fitted as required.
Despite lack of change instruction shown on packaging. - could do with adendum showing the correct way to fit. All in all after a fraught weekend thinking I had bought a Pup everyting sorted itself out.
Would have no hesitation purchasing again. Not only do you get a fol but a replacement Spring & Cutter are included in the cost.
Arrived within 3 days of request at no additional cost.
on 30 May 2013
a good cutter but takes at least 15 minutes to get a proper shave,and then leaves long hairs on face
on 16 December 2015
These foils don't seem to last as long (less than a year with my stubble) as earlier versions of SP62. As a replacement foil/cutter/spring for F3790 or F3800 shaver, note that you may be able to get a complete replacement F3800 shaver for the price some sellers charge for the foil pack -- so search around before buying. Package easily fits through a standard letter flap.
on 10 June 2011
I ordered the above product from Amazon on 9 may 2011 for my Remington F3790 rechargeable shaver. It was delivered promptly according to their estimated delivery time. I have been using this product during the last month, shaving once a day, and have not had any problems. However, it can not beat the close shave that I get with my old single foil Braun 1508 shaver.
on 20 April 2013
The foill is as you would expect, But after some 40 years of using electic razors including ;-remington,braun boots phillips this model remington destroys cutter heads like no other I've ever used.I will not buy another remington F3790 again and for some strange reason it blows out the cut hair leaving your face dirty with dust and the razor head clean
on 12 December 2012
This is the second replacement I've purchased for a shaver bought in February! the first one lasted 3 months and this one 3 days! My partner thought he was being too rough with them so tried applying less pressure whilst shaving, but that only appears to have made it develop a hole sooner. Will be looking for different brand of shaver!
on 5 October 2011
I bought the SP62 pack as a replacement on my Remmington DA207 as it is advertised as suitable. IT DOES NOT FIT. The cutter is much shorter than the original and so is the foil and there is no way it will fit. This seems incorrect advertising. It suits the F3790 and may well be suitable for other models.
on 25 November 2012
I would discourage anyone to buy the Remington F3790 in the first place (Cost £24.99), the foil alone got damaged, one cannot just replace a foil or even buy a 2 pack for this model, hence having to buy an extortionate pack with one foil and one cutter this cost about 2/3 the price of the razor!
on 13 January 2014
The foil on my shaver split so I was happy to be able to get a replacement for it which saved me having to fork out for a new shaver. I would have liked to buy the foil without the cutter but that option seemed unavailable so I've got a spare cutter but a working shaver which was my main goal.

See one answered question