on 4 April 2006
"Everythins Everythin, Dog!"
I am a huge fan of Whoopi and so may be ever so slightly biased! If you have seen her first one done in 1985 you will remember some good characters such as Fontane, the drug addict male (but no little girl, surfer chick or jamaican seller). The gig is mainly focused on the character Fontane where she voices many true but hilarious opinions on the war, Iraq, politics and life in general.
We also get an introduction to a new character Loleen who talks about the ever changing ways of the sexes and their ways and the hilarious difficulties of puberty and menopause! I think that this is the best bit, I couldn't stop laughing.
If you are looking for a good laugh and to share opinions on current affairs get this dvd. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
on 21 May 2008
I mainly bought this DVD as I've started doing my own stand up comedy and was looking for some good DVDs to get ideas from. What should be noted before buying this DVD is that there is no bit with Whoopi Goldberg as such because she just plays a number of different characters. These characters are all very funny and original however I was hoping for a little bit of stand up from Whoopi as herself. I also didn't find it all that funny, probably just because it's a very particular type of comedy.

What is really fantastic about Whoopi though is her ability to play such a diversity of characters so well. I'd also recommend this to budding comedians as it's quite different to other comedy I've seen but still very good. The DVD also comes with Whoopi's original 1985 Direct from Broadway performance.

So, recommended for budding comedians and Whoopi fans but perhaps look at something else if you just want a good laugh.
on 4 October 2009
This is a really enjoyable show. It is very much adult entertainment and like all stand-up comic shows it has dated a little over time. Whoopi is never unkind and her characters, which are very American, have lots to say. The main show is the return show but the original is also included although I didn't find it as good. We've watched it twice now and by 'we' I mean a family with ages ranging from early twenties to over sixty and I haver no doubt we'll be watching it again. You have to like one person stand-up comedy, of course you do, but Whoopi puts on some of the very best. Enjoy.
on 7 May 2010
some of it I enjoyed,some of it didn't.never saw this side of her before and am glad I didn't as would proberly have not bought any more of her dvds.I think it could even be rated as 18 .not like most 15 films
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2013
It was crass and full of bad language. not even funny. I would not recommend this to anyone. It is a shame as I do like Whoopi Goldbergs films.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse