Size: Mice/hamsters 15 x 15 x 16cmChange
Price:£4.98+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 15 October 2010
I have three rats and they love their new house, all three of them can fit in the top half so there is plenty of room for them.
review image
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2011
my ferrets love this i first bought it for them to climb on but they seem to have addopted it as their bed, it's bigger than i origonally thought but would not be big enough for a rabbit i think its just big enough for ferrets and i have tested the wood and it is safe for them to chew on, very small chemical traces also make it safe for hamsters, rats, mice and really all sorts.
on 11 September 2011
Brought this for my two Dumbo Rats Levi and Spider. All 3 of us love it soo much, the price is fantastic, the quality is fantastic and it's so HUGE! I definitely recommend this product, my boys love it that much they've abandoned all their other sleeping places and I ALWAYS find them snuggled up in their lodge :)
on 24 January 2013
The house is easy to assemble and has plenty of space for my syrian hamster, Charlie. The problem is that there are two nails protruding from the bottom section, which Charlie could easily chew and injure himself on. I think the product description should contain a warning about this. As with the other Trixie products I've bought, this wooden house would be fantastic if someone had taken more time designing it properly. I also purchased this house for my rats, but one of the parts was missing - so the top level cannot be assembled properly. Trixie sells some utter rubbish which has been produced as cheaply as possible.
on 31 December 2010
I bought this for my 2 guinea pigs, and to be fair the top part was a little small, but we still use the bottom part. It is slightly roughly made, lots of opportunity to get splinters and also a nail was sticking out. A bit of a hammer and some sand paper sorted that out and now its a very good little resting place for my piggies when tired, just be careful of rough edges and nails!!
11 comment18 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2012
If, like me, you are thinking of taking a chance on this house regardless of the negative comments, don't. First of all, as soon as it arrived and it wasn't in a box at all, i knew it would be broken, and surprise surprise it was, A LOT. Not only was it broken, its absolutely covered in splinters, to the point that for any small animal it would be pretty dangerous. Secondly, the build quality is awful, gaps everywhere which is showing nails (which also after gnawing would be dangerous), loose dowels etc etc, i could go on.

Baffles me how this can legally be sold, mine was in the bin within minutes of arriving, not even worth sending back.

Basically, don't bother!
on 30 December 2012
This is a lovely little (though pretty big) hidey house for my pet rat. It's nice and sturdy and my rat loves spending time in it. For rats, the hole at the front is a little large, whenever I clean out my rat, he then spends at least ten minutes filling in two thirds of the hole with bedding!
I can't help but think that just one of the windows on the sides should not have the cross in, so that they can use it as an entry point.
I use the top level to house my rats food bowl and he sleeps below. He really seems to love it and if he's happy then I am.
on 29 January 2014
Only my Roborovski hamsters could use this - it is was too small for my other Campbell's dwarf hamster. It kept falling apart as was poorly made. The picture is misleading - this is very small. I would not recommend!
on 10 May 2013
i wouldn't even give this 1 star tbh! it came today and it was completely broke & soo small! I don't even think a dwarf hamster would be happy with this house, badly made, looks tacky & I want my money back!!
on 2 February 2011
Had difficulty but the screws in to the wood as screws to large for the job reguired maybe smaller screws should be supplyed .NOT packaged well encouge to deliver via post as prodcut was slighty bent on the top will have glue a peice of wood back . Fits a syrian hamster well though only a baby so still growing but will not fit much larger in my opion .Otherwise a lovely product but would not pay the full price .