on 20 March 2012
This sustain pedal is high quality and weighty. As a consequence, it does not slide around on our tiled floors. But I have also put a small wedge of non slip rubber mat underneath which is a bit belt and braces of me!!

I have left the protective plastic on the pedal to protect it against wear - and dust doesn't show up so much on plastic!!

The pedal is not heavy to depress as has been commented in an earlier review. The pressure needed to depress this pedal is on a par with acoustic pianos and my very expensive Roland digital piano. So it feels like the real deal.

There is a switch on the bottom of this device. Don't know what that's all about. I just plugged the pedal in to the Casio and it worked. Sorry, can't be doing with reading all those instructions - and from my experience, you don't have to.

Oh yes, and the delivery time and delivery service to me here in Spain was superb. Thank you Amazon and MRW.
on 18 May 2009
It's well built and quite heavy. Doesn't slide about as much as some other pedals due to rubber base. Polarity switch is useful depending on what type of keyboard you're controlling.
For me the spring is a little too strong so it requires quite a heavy foot, so I give it 4/5.
on 16 September 2009
I bought this to replace my old "footswitch" style pedal which skidded all over the floor and stopped working after a few years. I have high hopes for this one though, the pedal itself it heavy and combined with the rubber on the bottom it stays firmly anchored to the floor (wood carpet or stone I might add). The pedal isn't hard to press down, (wouldn't that defeat the object?) but then this isn't really an issue. Would you ever sit down to the most amazing grand piano in the world and refuse to play it because you thought the pedals were a little stiff? To sum it up, keyboard pedals like this will never be able to recreate the mechanical motion you get from a real one attached to a real piano but for the money and build quality this is one definitely the next best thing. If you're after sustained notes, look no further. And even if you're not, buy one anyway! It makes all the difference. ^^
on 9 March 2009
The SP2 Is great product. £20 for a simple on off sustain pedal that is durable, responsive and has an 'invert' switch underneath which was a nice suprise.

Great product as usual M-Audio.
on 14 May 2009
I bought this to replace an old Ensoniq synth-type sustain pedals - you know, one of those horrible square ones with a squishy feel to them. It's mainly to use on my Yamaha electric piano and so far I am very pleased. It works well and was a reasonable price compared to Yamaha's own model and similar ones by Roland. There are cheaper alternatives but this had good reviews and I am pleased I went to the middle ground. Hopefully it will last ages - it looks sturdy enough - and continue to get loads of use. I half wish I had spent a bit more and got a M-Audio E.Piano to go with it but wishes don't dry dishes, or something.
on 16 October 2015
Can't imagine anyway this pedal could have been made better, it is robust and has a good grip with the floor and doesn't slide around like many I have had. It's good to have a polarity switch which means it should be compatible with all keyboards [as long as the keyboard has a damper socket which most will I imagine]. Arrived promptly and in perfect condition. I'm pleased as punch with it.
on 30 November 2011
A rather breathless (smoker's!) description of this new sustain pedal and how to use it including the wee switch to change how it operates.

It's a fine and weighty pedal and works very well with my equally nice Yamaha NP-30.

Apologies for quality of video. I hope it's helpful to you though. Definitely recommend this piece of kit.

For your information: Yamaha NP30B-K Portable Digital Piano (black finish). or the newer Yamaha NP31 Portable Keyboard - Black
on 30 November 2015
Based on its "#1 Best Seller" status and favourable reviews, I bought this for my Casio CDP120 (a beautifully affordable high quality digital piano btw) which came with an awful sustain pedal that looked and felt like a typical sewing machine pedal.

So happy with this. Has just the right tension, feels weighty and does not slide around on my carpet as my previous one did thanks to an excellent rubber grip at the bottom. It oozes quality in appearance except for one thing...the annoying red coloured logo "M Gear" looks like some children toy brand. This might be the only concern if appearance is a priority but its a minor blip.

There is a polar switch at the bottom in case your piano has a reverse type connection. I didnt need to switch it for my piano but I can just confirm the switch is there (default position 1 works for my Casio CDP120)

My pro pianist friend who owns a six grand Kawai piano came by and said my pedal felt as lovely as his. Was even more chuffed to get his approval!

For sixteen-ish quid, this is a highly recommended purchase if you need a replacement sustain pedal.
on 24 June 2011
For anyone intending to use the piano voice on a keyboard this bit of kit is essential. I looked at the options available, but after reading other users reviews opted for this realistic design. Some reviews suggested that the pedal spring was a bit strong, but I found no problem. It does what it is supposed to in combination with the Yamaha keyboard that I purchased at the same time, so full marks. At this early stage I can't comment on its reliability, but is sturdily built and feels substantial
on 17 June 2011
This pedal is fantastic! Very good quality and doesn't slip on the floor. The chrome part comes with a plastic protector which I kept on to not get any scratched on it and it still works brilliantly. Highly recommended.