on 5 March 2013
These set of blocks were bought for my 6 month old daughter. She played with them for about 10 min looking at the vivid colours before moving on and I felt disappointed.
within a few days I realised something and sat down with her .. making the puzzle and showing her .. the Cow ..moo moo ... Then the cats .. meow meow .. and now after about a month .. she adores the blocks and sometimes spends 15min listening to me .. which is a lot for her to stay in one place. She can now identify the meow meow (cat) and quack quack (ducks). These blocks have quite a few different animals and also have numbers to help older children count. One horse, two cows, three sheep's, 4 dogs and so on ..
The soft blocks are absolutely no worry as my little girl crawls / tries to stand up and fall on them. The blocks also make a soft rattling sound however my girl didn't care about it much, nor was excited by the sound.
Right now I am teaching her the animals and sounds... soon they will be used for her to identify the animal and later for her to solve the puzzle herself and finally learn counting. I am confident that with time this will be very useful .. I expect to use this till she is 2-3 year old. Well worth the money.
However, if you want the kid to play by this themselves, buy this for an older kid.
on 7 August 2009
My daughter was given this when she was 3 months old, it was an instant favourite toy, she loved staring at the animals when she was tiny - bright colours and cute animals, it was the one toy that went everywhere with us for at least six months. Great for waving around and little hands can hold easily. She is now 13 months and plays with it in her cot - she now likes to find the cows and the sheep to do her moo and baa.
on 8 October 2009
We wanted something to keep our 9month old girl happy and alert when big brother went back to school, but only expected a few toys - we were pleasantly surprised. What a load of blocks we got. Enough for her to do a pretty a good milly (our cat) and dodger (the dogs) blocks.

Very tempted to put more of these on her chrismas list for uncles and aunties to see if we can get a load of blocks for xmas this year.

Good stuff.
on 14 April 2009
My son, loves them. They are soft enough for him to have and chew on, when he is only four months old. He loves throwing them and watching the colours and shapes change.
on 20 September 2010
I personally liked it as very vibrant colours and the blocks dont come out which is a very good things.definetely worth the price. But my 9 month little girl thinks differently as she could not seperate the blocks and cast all them aside!am sure she will love them when bit older. will post a review in 2 months time again
on 31 December 2009
This block is amazing! Bought for my 9month old nephew for christmas and he loves it. It is comprised of 8 smaller cubes, which continually seperate and fold round to change the cube. Kept all of the kids entertained. Reccomend
on 21 January 2010
This is a lovely toy. My little fella is coming up seven months and although he hasn't worked out what to do with it exactly he is very capable of having a play with them. We also go to baby signing and it means I'm able to play along with him because I sign the different animals to him and make the noises for him (when no one is watching ha ha ha).

He's slipped his fingers between the blocks and turned them around himself (more by accident than intentional) but I think he realises already what they are meant to do. I can talk about the different images with him at the moment and it'll be a good way to learn different colours etc and aid problem solving.
on 20 July 2011
this is amazing, brought for my 7 month old grandson,the blocks are all joined together with an embroidered tag, not quite sure why ~(i cut them all loose) this did not etract from the enjoyment factor of the blocks, in fact it helped, as the baby was able to hold the blocks individually, the colours are vibrant, with animals and numbers on each one. which are incorporated into farmyard pictureson each block. lovely soft texture to the blocks, baby will enjoy holding them and they are totally safe if they are put into baby's mouth. really good educational toy. highly recomended
on 1 November 2013
Bought for my little one when he was only a few months old to use during tummy time and he love it. Even after he started sitting up he used it and it became more of a teething tool. Entertaining enough as he would spend a bit of time trying to chomp it to oueces and it would rattle as he bashed it against the floor. He soon lost interest in it though but it was useful for at least a couple months. Not the easiest toy to clean (damp cloth/ steam cleaner) so I eventually threw it out when it just looked a bit too grubby for my liking. Not bad though.
on 13 March 2012
Even I like playing with these. They are soft, jingly, colourful blocks which are meant to stay attached to each other so they can be twisted into many interesting forms. My 6 month old loved them as soon as he had them and could play with them straight away. These are not meant to be building blocks, but could be turned into them if you cut them apart like some reviewers here have done. They have animals and numbers on them so they can be used in different ways for a few young years.