on 1 January 2012
This is another great kit from Airfix, but saying that i would not recommend this kit to a newcommer. There are a couple of reasons for this, the version i built the MKXVIII had to have the nose cut off and a new one fitted, also the undercarridge is very fiddly. Other than that when its built it looks like a mosquito and thats all that matters. As another reviewer has already noted there is not much cockpit detail but when the canopy is on with the frames painted there is not much to see anyways.
review image review image review image
on 29 July 2011
This is a simple to make plastic model kit of one of the best RAF aircraft of the second world war. The Wooden Wonder.

The detal is simple, focusing on the main shape, but there again there was very little detail on the real aircraft to include. The shape is good and fairly accurate to the real thing so when painted the finished results are very good at this scale.

Inside there is almost nothing. The cockpit is almost empty and the figures consist of a full navigator/engineer and a half pilot (the shaping of the control console does not allow any room for the pilots legs! This to me is the only real let down of the kit.

A great kit for novice modellers, a nice kit for a quick build for the more experienced and a good starting point for lots of scratch building to add lots of extra detail even at this scale.

Don't forget you will need additional glue and paints.
on 7 September 2012
This is a rather confusing kit as it covers several marks of the aircraft. To my mind the instructions are nearly incomprehensible as the only thing to follow are the pictures and there is a mixture of each model of the mosquito in each diagram without illustrating which part belongs to which type!

Definitely only for younger members of the model making fraternity as my poor old fingers couldn't really handle the small flimsy parts!

A definite plus was the night fighter version at least it was painted all black!
on 10 August 2010
I loved the mosquito when i got from amazon the only part that the wheels are a bit fiddly but overall it is a good model strongly recomended
on 2 February 2016
Its been forty years since I made any thing like this , I was afraid that things might have changed and that it wouldn't be the journey into my past that I wanted . Nothing has changed, with the exception that I was able to watch documentaries on this plane on my kindle whilst building it . The smell of the glue drying on Christmas day gave me back my youth for a while and for that I am so greatful thank you airfix , thank you amazon.
on 1 August 2014
As you can tell by the box art its one of those older generation of air fix models that the company are trying to phase out in favour of the "NEW TOOLING" products. it may not be one of the best models on the outside i really recommend this to the medium to beginner modeller. an advanced modeller may be frustrated by the lack of exterior detail and the interior detail is non existent so thats not a worry. it can be a bit fiddly. my propellers snapped the second they came into contact with air zoo i had to file down a bit of the sprue to the same shape. the machine guns came pre-broken but maybe that was just me. overall i loved this kit and i proudly sits upon my shelf beside my other warbirds. all i can say is get the wooden wonder, the timber terror or whatever before its too late and its phased out.
on 17 December 2014
Really nice to do kit, and looked great all painted up. Nothing too fiddly and took around four easy evenings not rushing, I just did it whilst the boss was watching rubbish on the telly.
on 25 October 2013
It may be my lack of skill (I've started making the odd model again for the first time since childhood). I don't think I could have done it without tweezers. This is my first Airfix (as an adult), I've made a few Revell models and found them a bit easier.
on 27 December 2015
Very good airfix model, would recommend to anybody, I love this plane.
I am happy with my purchase and it arrived on time and in good condition.
Thank you Amazon.co.uk
on 21 December 2013
The kit arrived intact. I carefully built it according to the instructions and in the order prescribed. Having spent ages building and fitting the propellers and undercarriage to the engine pods I discovered that one of the engine pods - removed from the sprule- was the wrong size and did not fit on the wing. So as not to disappoint a waiting grandson I cut, filed and then filled until it fitted - but really, Airfix- not on.