on 17 March 2009
My 8 year old's recorder teacher said she needed to replace her recorder with a yamaha, I was sceptical but it really does sound better. Also is a great funky colour. Very good value for money.
on 12 October 2009
I bought this recorder for my 11 year old son and he loves it! It is quite different looking from all the usual black ones and he says it plays much better! It comes in a clear plastic case which is great and arrived very quickly.
on 6 August 2009
This is a hardy little instrument it should not be bough under the impression it is in any way different from a common recorder, it's blue and that may be different from the common plastic recorder. For children the funky colour and look might impress them and it is a good instrument to start your child learning as it is so easy to take up. All in all a good buy!
on 11 October 2011
The recorder is of good sound and build quality (so the school teacher tells me!) however the colour represented on the picture did not match the one supplied. The colour of the recorder supplied was a greeny blue rather than blue as shown, but otherwise perfect.

Item arrived quicker than expected and the I would recommend everyone to purchase this if they are looking for a recorder for there kids at school
on 4 December 2014
the colour really appealed to my daughter and the sound is really good. It's a bit disconcerting though watching a slightly dribbly child play - be warned! It's a shame it doesn't come with a cleaner as that'd be handy. Overall though we're very pleased and my daughter is so proud of it she's happy to practice ALL the time.
on 29 March 2013
I love this - it's great quality, comes in a good protective plastic case and the colours are fun. I first started playing a wooden recorder 50 years ago, then everyone moved on to the standard issue brown plastic recorder. Now, these bright and cheerful Yamahas' are a delight - modern progress with no loss of quality.
on 1 October 2010
Bought this recorder for my primary school daughter. She loves the bright, unusual colour, I loved the price and somehow she sounds less squeaky on it than on the school recorders - or perhaps she's improving!
on 21 April 2015
With multiple children learning the recorder, having different color options is just perfect! No fighting as each child knows which one is theirs. NO one can accuse someone else of losing, using or breaking theirs. Peace for a few minutes at least until they all start playing at once of course :)

Comes apart in 3 sections for easy cleaning.

We have had this recorder for over a year now (purchased in the USA) and it has been very reliable. Highly recommended.
on 1 September 2014
I purchased this recorder along with another one in a different colour for my 6yr old grandaughters. I am very pleased with the quality and tone. The recorder is easy to clean as it dismantles into three pieces. I purchased cleaning rods separately as one is not included by the seller., but not a big deal, as they are not expensive.
on 7 January 2012
Bought for my son for christmas so he hasnt used it very much but based on the description on his christmas list this ticked all of the boxes - he was very pleased to open this and with the fact he had his own blue (as he wanted) recorder to use rather than having to use the ones available in school :)