Colour Name: Dark PearwoodChange

on 5 January 2014
Well made instrument with good tone - especially at the lower end. Exactly what I expected of a Hohner instrument.
VINE VOICEon 21 July 2013
This is my favorite recorder. I have a small selection some plastic functional and others from renaissance fairs. This was my first dabble into music as a youth and later became a collection for the library. I only dabble now days but appreciate recordings from professionals. My father likes to keep playing "Poor Wayfaring Stranger."

Even though there are other portable interments, this animal is a good place to start and there is something so real about wood. Not noticed are durability, baroque fingering, and patented mouthpiece.
Definite improvement over plastic recorders, it not only feels nicer but actually sounds better too. The finish is naturally not quite as good as its £50 or £100 stable mates, but you can have no complaints at the price. Note, it comes without a case/bag, so you'll need to acquire one to keep it scratch free.
on 8 October 2014
Lovely recorder for the money. Beautiful wood and decent tone. Even high tones come out quite well.
on 23 May 2015
This recorder is lovely - just like the one I used to play as a child. I'm using it to teach my Granddaughter to play to introduce her to the world of music-making. It's so much better than the plastic recorders that are so prevalent today.
on 6 March 2015
This proved highly satisfactory to my granddaughter, who immediately took to the tone and feel of the instrument. It was also praised by her teacher. Very good value. You can buy better, but only for a lot more money.
on 5 November 2013
I am really enjoying playing my recorder the tone is lovely, it has taken a little time for it to get warm and used to moisture. This is normal instrutions are very clear. I think this would be good for an older child that is serious about making music or an adult like me .
on 18 January 2016
I recently picked up the treble, and in an attempt to encourage my children to participate, I bought this lovely little recorder. It's so nice, I prefer it to my treble! Lovely smooth sound, tuned well, feels rustic compared to plastic - for this alone I'd recommend it as an ideal choice for a child or adult. Now bear in mind I am no expert and have nothing to compare it with - that said, it's cheap, attractive (I really like the two piece), mellow sound, it's a winner for me!
on 16 April 2015
A good quality recorder with a pleasant tone and well tuned notes across the whole range. The Top notes demand a little care and are not easy to play fast but that is not unusual. It has a much more mellow sound than a similar plastic model.
on 6 December 2015
Beautifully made, excellent tone, worth the money. I hope my granddaughter likes it, I bought it for her Christmas present. I think it's lovely.