on 6 January 2012
I brought these cubes for my son who has been struggling with understanding fractions, unlike others on the market, each side also gives the fraction cube as a decimal and a percentage which is very helpful when explaining converting fractions, I think that working with the cubes has helped him enormously, they would be very useful in a classroom but just as useful at home helping with homework.
on 15 April 2009
I purchased this resource to use with adults who are struggling with fraction/ percentage/ decimal equivalents. They have proved to be popular and effective, so I would say they were worth the money. However, the quality was not great. A couple of the markings on one of the blocks just wiped off and we had to replace them with stickers. I wouldn't recommend them for areas where they would get a lot of use, e.g. in a primary school classroom.
22 comments40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2013
My daughter learned more in twenty minutes of getting these that she did in school.Wish i had bought this earlier would have saved a lot of tears,I would highly recommend
on 2 May 2013
Bought for son to aid with SATS. He is a visual/kinetic learner so allowed him to get a concrete idea of abstract concept. He is now able to visualise the blocks in tests and this helps him feel confident about the answers he is writing. Would definatly recommend to anyone whos children (or they) are struggling with fractions/decimals. Solid construction, good colours. Arrived promptly.
on 8 January 2013
I used this to provide a visual demonstration of fractions and equivalents for a ten year old who just couldn't grasp how 1/12 could be smaller than 1/6. We had tried dividing a pie etc before but she just couldn't quite grasp the concept. However, the blocks help her understand why fractions with a larger denominator are smaller and also really helps with equivalent decimals.
on 15 November 2010
I've purchased this item for my son who is dyslexic. Seeing the fraction's, decimals, percentages etc in 3D makes it easier for him to grasp. Early learning used to do these and don't any more. Their loss i feel.
Purchase the one that displays all three equivalencies, it will save you money.
Well worth investing in for all ages. A great educational tool
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2011
Have bought these for my 9 year as she was having difficulty grasping that fractions, decimals and percentages are all the same thing. Being able to see it has really helped.
on 8 November 2013
Brilliant learning tool for helping children of all ages from primary to secondary school age, to master fractions and decimals. Brighly coloured cubes fit together to make up percentages. Arrived in good packaging and in perfect condition, good delivery speed. This is for my 9 year old but could be used for younger or older children.
on 31 January 2015
This is not the most interesting or effective way to teach fractions, but handy as a resource to cement or support learning of fractions and how they tie in to percentages. They are not made of the most robust material and the colours are rather dull. The print looks like it may wear off with use but I haven't experienced that as yet.
on 22 July 2011
I have looked at these for a while, and decided to buy them at a great price. I bought some for my 7 year old nephew and for my 5 year old son. Both boys are advanced in maths, but thought that these displayed fractions, decimals and percentages in an easy to understand format.
My 5 year old has had fun joining them all together in towers and also, using different combinations to get them all to match the 1, 100%, unit.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse