on 25 November 2012
i'm a childminder. i bought the fish for two 3 yr olds and two 2 year olds, i bought lots of different kitchen tongues and pincers and anything they could use to grab the fish for co-ordination, hand to eye, i talk about the colours, stripes, spots, names for language development, we sort them into categories, for maths practise. they use them in pans for cooking, imagination development. they also throw them all over the place, for me to do tidy up practise! Very versatile product to cover lots of areas of child development - EYFS.
on 13 April 2011
Excellent buy, ideal for sorting and counting, and just having lots of fun with.
Very colourful and lots of them, five each of twelve different types of fish and
a handy little tub to keep them in.
on 26 August 2010
The fun fish counters are great. They are suitable for counting and sorting as well as being good fun to play with.
on 26 June 2013
Really lovely and top quality product. Container of 60 detailed, colourful fish and seahorse that are worth spending a little extra on. I'll use these as goody bag fillers and jelly cup toppers for my soon-to-be 6 year old.
on 3 January 2015
These are great. They are fun for counting and arranging in sets and so on (see other reviews - i concur). We used some for party bag fillers and have the rest in the bath. Some of the nicest plastic fish we've had. Thanks for prompt postage and value for money.
on 22 March 2015
My great grand-daughter tipped all the fish out but very soon lost interest
For some children this could be a winner, bright, cheerful colouring, nice to handle and practically unbreakable so there is nothing wrong with the toy. It just didn't win with Emily!
on 26 March 2013
These counters arrived quickly and have been played with daily since! My three year old grandson has had HOURS of pleasure and learning from them. The only downside........prepare for wet clothes as the child goes fishing in the sink!!
on 28 February 2012
I adore these fish counters! I have seen them before in a nursery class, and just bought some for my 17-month old daughter. They might seem on the pricey side, but I think they are actually good value for money. There are 60 fish in total (little kids love big numbers/ collections of things, not just 1-10!) and there are 5 of each fish. They range in colour and style and are detailed and good quality. They can be used for small-world play, either on some silky blue fabric, or in a water tray/ paddling pool or in the bath!
They can be used for purposeful counting and sorting into 'families' and appeal to kids of all ages. Today my daughter played with them with an almost 4 year old and an almost 6 year old.
I have just watched her take 5 the same from the pot of 60!
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2015
Grossly overpriced! a box of strongly smelling cheap plastic fish (horrible chemical smell) . Nothing is wrong with the fish, except of the poisonous stinking smell. At most this item is worth £5 - expect the poundland quality. I paid £14.35 after reading goods reviews here- I suspect not all of the reviews are impartial for this item... this should not be costing that much. do not buy! if I could return without having to pay the postage - i would, but i opened this rubbish already.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2011
My little boy is obsessed with fish, so this was an ideal resource to help him to learn to count. I has numerous uses for sorting, counting and can also be used to fuel imaginative play.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse