on 14 December 2007
No toy holds my 7-month-old's interest more than this puppy. He just loves it, and has loved it for a few months, so it's not a passing fancy! It sings songs, it counts, it does the alphabet, it names body parts and colours. It really makes my baby laugh. It's fun to watch him discover which body parts play which tunes. It seems very well made. My baby often throws it or chews on it and there is no damage done. It's a big hit in our house.
0Comment43 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2013
The packaging the dog comes in isn't very good. When the postman delivered it it was singing away. At first I thought it was broken as it never finished a song or completed the alphabet but On closer inspection there is a second tab in the back that's you need to pull out. My baby loves it and it keeps him entertained for hrs. It's a firm favourite of his and now it has to go everywhere we do. I agree with other reviews it is very sensitive and altho it gets very annoying having to listen to the same things over and over and never hearing it out to the end it keeps the baby amused and if he happy I'm happy.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2008
I bought this toy for my baby girl when she was 3 months old and it is most definately her favourite toy. It has provided her with hours of entertainment and it never fails to hold her attention. It can be sensitive but this does not seem to bother my daughter...in fact she loves it. She is now nearly 7 months old and she still loves it.
on 9 January 2014
Bought for my new born son, who is now 4 months old. A great buy for the money. well packaged to avoid damage
on 27 October 2008
My little girl started loving this toy at 3 months. At 6 months it is her favorite toy. Keeps her amused for a long time and she gets really excited when she sees this toy and gets to play with it. Would highly recommend.
on 10 July 2008
Bought this when my daughter was 6 months old. She loved it and it is still her favourite toy 6 months later. It is a bit sensitive and can switch very quickly from one song/phrase to another upon the slightest touch, however she has worked out now to sit back and listen if she wants to hear a certain song before touching it again. Keeps her amused for ages. Keeps going back to it time and time again. A great buy and would throughly recommend it.
0Comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 April 2011
Bought this for my 8 month old for christmas. He didn't pay much attention it and I was rather dissapointed because It is a rather costly toy. However, now this toy has become him absolute favourite. It is the only toy he owns that will hold his attention and keep him entertained for hours. When you give him the puppy his eyes light up and a big smile spreads across his little face. All you can hear is his little giggles when he barks and blows kisses. He is such an adorable puppy. Lovely, bright and colouful. Sings a wide variety of different songs and actually teaches children things unlike most toys ive seen. I bought this after seeing my husbands little sister play with it from when she was 6 months, by the time she was a year old she could do all of head, shoulders knees and toes ect. Seems a favourite with everyone I know who owns it.
As for it being touchy, it can be but it has to be sensitive for little hands to touch. I wouldnt say it is annoyingly touchy and I have heard it finished songs. Plus the fact that when they are at this age it doesnt matter if it does skips because all they want to do is explore. By they time they get to the age where they'll benefit from it educationally they will have learned not to press it so much and to wait for it to finish. Personally I think it is worth every single penny.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Well, firstly I have to say - I like this dog! It makes lots of cute sounds and plays music. It is brightly coloured and fairly interactive - a good learning toy.

However! - my daughter doesn't like it. She has no time for it at all and cries when it is given to her. She has other singing talking toys that she does like and I don't know what it is about this one - but it just doesn't seem to appeal to her. Weirdly it doesn't seem to appeal to the toddler either.

The big downside of it is that the 'controls' are far too sensitive and it takes a slight brush or touch or knock to stop what it is doing and make it start doing something else which can be frustrating.
on 14 December 2011
Excellant toy for learning and development however it is very very sensitive. I know the toy has to be sensitive for little fingers but it doesn't take much to set it off!
on 14 November 2009
My baby has been bought this as a present from her Grandma and she absolutely adores it! Although she is slightly too young for it at the moment, the colours capture her attention and the tunes it plays makes her laugh! I think this is a great product educationally and I highly recommend it. As always, the service provided by Amazon and the other product sellers they use cannot be faulted - always a pleasure to do business with!