on 14 November 2011
When I wanted to buy some WD-40 I thought I would have a look on amazon hoping they would be cheaper than the normal shops as it cost quite a bit so I was glad to see they are and I was shocked to see a bottle of WD-40 of 600 ml I didn't even know they made them so I was interested and I was surprised at the price but a good surprise and I decide to buy it.

When it arrived I was still taken back buy the size of it and it also comes with that tiny bit of tube that you can put on to the spray so you can be more precise when your spraying. I brought it so I could use it on my motor bike on the engine and the wheels but you can really use it for anything it really helps to protect and clean engine parts and etc.

All in all a great product and at a great price I will give it 5 out of 5!!!
I love WD40 because of its versatility and great number of different uses.

I've used it for all kind of things... The most recent being my bike shed which is locked with a combination padlock. Unfortunately the padlock had decided to become stuck and had rusted up a little. I sprayed with WD40 and the padlock is working perfectly once again.

Other things I have used this product on is my bicycle chain, squeaky doors, hinges in need of a little help, and also my car door - the key no longer wanted to go in and actually turn. Again, the WD40 worked a treat and I encountered no further problems.

Around the house it is like magic on skirting boards - as advertised, it really does get those scuff marks off! I had got so used to getting frustrated and endlessly rubbing them to get marks off. This makes life altogether easier....

I've had WD40 in all sorts of different dispensing packets over time from normal sprays through to those with the straws etc. to be honest, for my everyday needs, I just buy the cheapest available option these days as I find that they are all capable of doing a good job regardless of the delivery method.

Highly recommended!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 May 2015
I've used WD-40 for many years, mainly on cars and motorcycles. It's ability to repel moisture from vehicle ignition HT leads and electrical systems, is well-known. I carry a tin of of WD-40 in the boot (only in the cooler months for safety reasons) and it's proved helpful on a number of occasions to cure engine misfires.

WD-40 is quite effective at freeing up most rusty or seized-up parts by soaking the item for a while. This depends on how badly the part(s) are seized, but this usually does the job.

One of the more unusual applications I've used WD-40 for, is to remove tar stains from a carpet ! This is a last-resort method if the more traditional ways don't seem to work. Apply directly to the affected area (try a small section first) and leave it to soak. Use a clean piece of rag to mop up the residue. You can use conventional carpet cleaning products to complete the process.

Very versatile product - highly recommended.
on 20 October 2011
I had double glazing fitted about 5yrs ago and all the locks and hinges were tightening up. A squirt of WD40 on all moving parts. Job done all working smoothly. Wonderful stuff.
No problems with the supplier. Use again.
on 29 May 2014
There isn't a great deal to say here. WD40 is an excellent product that I use regularly, which can be used for many purposes. One use I found was cleaning the dirt off bike chains! It is generally used as a mild solvent and/or for lubricating pretty much anything that moves. This can is very big, although manageable, and will last me a while!
on 20 December 2015
If you are thinking of buying this to use on rusty bolts thank again. If you do an internet search you will find references to ALL the things you can use WD40 for....... and there are loads. So much so that I would never be without it.

Happy WD40'ing.
on 28 July 2015
Always I have a can of WD40 on hand when working on anything that has a seized nut or bolt! It just works and if it doesn't just keep soaking it down with WD40 and it will loosen whatever is stuck!

Great Product!
on 24 March 2014
Not really much point doing a review on WD-40 as the brand has such a good rep, but take it from me, It will fulfill all of your lubricating needs.. whatever they may be.. *wink* *wink*
on 18 November 2015
WD40 is a great product for the known obvious use but look around online and see just how many other uses it has and you will be amazed.
I had an internal door with windows that someone had put masking tape on and never taken it off. It was a nightmare and I asked around in DIY shops and was told it was impossible. Well a friend told me to use WD40 and it has take away every trace of that disgusting unsightly mess on the glass. I sprayed my new barbecue to ensure it didn't rust in the garden and still no sign of rust. The size of the can is fabulous and I still look avidly for new uses.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2014
Has so many uses I doubt there are many homes that do not have a can of this somewhere in the house, it's an essential for so many jobs including softening sealants !