on 18 March 2006
A beautiful design, lovely wood, the sound is lovely (not too loud!!). There are actually different tones depending on which area you 'drum' on the top. Comes with drumstick. A lovely musical toy for any toddler to pre-school age child.
on 2 July 2007
A really melodic two tone sound on this well finished wooden drum depending where you drum. Shouldn't fray your nerves with endless bashing. Bought it for my 1 yr old but my 3 yr old enjoys it too. Drum stick end is rubber so may be a magnet for teething babies...

Not as light weight as some of the other plasticky drums are and only has one stick so you can't do drum rolls (!), but for rhythm beating it's excellent! Quite solid too but can be lifted fairly easily by toddlers. Would buy again no question!
on 29 May 2011
This is the second time we purchased this item. The first one was for our first grandson, which he enjoyed very much. The second one was for our second grandson, and he loves it. It has a nice sound.
on 17 October 2012
This is a lovely musical toy for a small child not to loud or stress inducing, its decorated beautifully, the tone of it is lovely and musical. It looks good, sounds good and is just the right size for little hands. If your looking for a traditional toy thats well turned out, you wont do better than this anywhere. It arrived quickly was well packed. I'm really pleased with it.
on 18 May 2011
It's a nice design and we really like the fact it's made from wood and not plastic. It feels very solid and like it will last a long time. It also makes a nice sound which is not harsh or excessively loud so we have no problem if the banging goes on and on (which it sometimes does!). I would definitely recomend buying this this.
on 5 August 2011
I bought this for my one year old grandson as a present. It arrived very promptly from Amazon. It makes a lovely noise rather like a bongo drum. His parents love to play with it as well. So a very suitable toy for any age!!!
on 4 January 2015
Great, little drum. It is not too big and the sound matches. That said our one year old loves to bash it. The build quality is nothing short of excellent and this could probably last until a new generation arrives. An extra few quid for this was definitely worth it. Only problem is that he loves to put the drum stick in his mouth and I have visions of him tripping and spearing himself. Therefore at the moment he only has the stick with supervision. Possibly would be better for an 18month - 2 year old to receive. He can bash it with his hands and get a nice sound as well.
on 8 May 2013
Fantastic drum for baby! Our one year old pounds on it for minutes (they don't do much for hours at this age!!). He is even happy to just use his hands - we take the drumstick away from him sometimes as he likes to use the rubber end as a teether and it goes rather far into his mouth. All in all a great product, very durable and makes a good sound.
on 3 July 2016
My 2 and half year old son loves his drum. The sound is not that annoying. This drum will last a very long time as it is quality design. I chose this over the BRIO Musical Drum. It's well worth paying £2 more for a slighter larger drum.
on 3 April 2013
A beautiful little drum! I looked at several drum for my 1 year old, and am so glad I went with this one. It is excellent quality, and makes a lovely sound - not too loud either! And different parts of the drum make different sounds. Would definitely recommend and I may well buy more in the future as I think it would make a lovely gift.

See one answered question