on 27 May 2009
this toy has been a hit for my 1 year old nephew. It is strong and sturdy, educational and noisy (the friction from the wheels). My daughter has enjoyed playing with it when she first saw it and I think it is an ideal present for a first birthday
on 7 February 2009
This toy was for my grandson,it is very colourful, strong and very robust, the last two comments fit my grandsons description to a "T".We are very pleased with the toy and would recommend it to any one. E. Spencer
on 11 September 2009
This arrived very quickly, well packaged - my little boy has loved it from when he was about 10 months old. Still loves it now, even though it's missing its back door and most of the pieces! The shapes are very strong, nice and smooth, and a good size for chewing on. They don't stack easily on top of each other as they're a bit small. It's been helpful in teaching my little one about shapes though, as he now knows which ones goes in each hole.

Now 18 months old, he's very into putting things inside other things, so the back door and windscreen, which both open, are brilliant. Except they have broken off after being thrown on the floor one time too many! The only other problem has been keeping track of the six shapes and the little driver who sits up front. Most of them have been in the bin, under the sofa, down the stairs, in the wash basket..... The bus also whizzes very fast when pushed which he loves, more so now he's a bit older.

All round this is a good toy with lots of opportunity for education and fun. I'd recommend it and have since bought it for another friend for her little one's first birthday.
on 25 February 2015
I bought this for my 10 month old daughter for Christmas and was so impressed with it. The bus' wheels allow you to give the bus a little push and it will travel on its own which my daughter loves to watch. She enjoys taking the bus driver out and putting him back in. It is also a little shape sorter. I really recommend this toy.
on 2 December 2013
Good design.Bought for my son at around 11 months and he still likes loading the back up with other items now hes older!. Strong plastic and great colours however the pieces are a little small for a younger child (which is when they are interested in shape sorting!) Can easily fit a full piece in the mouth which is why I have been unable to let my 10 month old daughter loose with it.
on 25 November 2012
Very well made, bright colours and a nice idea, everything to keep my almost two year old grandson entertained. He loves that you can take the driver out of the front by opening and closing the window, then the fun of putting the shapes in the top of the bus and the joy of opening the back to get them all out again and then yet to come the fun of the sound it makes and the fact he can then zoom it around the kitchen, hours of great fun has been had with this toy so far! One of my best buys!
on 14 January 2012
Wow Sidney School Bus toy- my Christmas present to my 1 year old son. he loves it! it is durable! he dropped it many times already but it is still in one piece! a great toy for 1 yr old! or even older! [my 4yr old plays it as well!]..
wow!
on 3 April 2010
Pros: Nice to have a toy that doesn't require batteries, solid build for the most part, simple chunky shapes, added "driver" toy, bright and eye catching - simple shapes and colors (triangle, circle, square & blue, red, green - also featured on the wheels of the bus) will have appeal for some time yet.
Cons: sounds like a jet engine - scares baby when at full pelt! - shapes can't be washed (open at one end so would let water in), shapes are a bit hit and miss - some slip through easily, others 'stick' and need to be pushed through, door at back and window for driver are a bit flimsy and feel like they are not as durable as the rest of the bus, the size of the shapes means my baby can put the WHOLE thing in their mouth at once - which is worrying but he'll soon learn it's not such a good idea... I hope.

In summary: This was reasonably priced and made a lovely Christmas present from mummy and daddy. Although a bit scared at first (noisy) our baby now 13 months, loves this bus. It is picked up and carried all over, although it is weighty and you soon know when it has been dropped! It is nice to have a toy that doesn't need batteries - and that has interest for a few years (the shape sorting is a bit beyond us as yet, but it is good to have this challenge to come). I know I've listed a few 'cons' there but it's just to give an informed review, the only one that is a bit of a faff is cleaning the shapes - but we use antibacterial wipes when needed. I would still buy one for a friend or another if ours was lost - which is a good marker of how much enjoyment our baby gets out of it.
on 9 October 2012
We bought this as we wanted a fun shape sorter for our baby daughter. It is great. The friction-powered bus provides much interest, whilst the shapes - triangle, circle, square - are big enough for babies to hold, knock together etc.

There are two openings - a window at the front that opens to reveal the driver and the tailgate that swings down to remove the shapes. The door and window attach well and latch properly, no issues at all.

The toy seems pretty robust to me to put up with the undoubted abuse it will face over the next few months. There are sticker images on the sides which may get picked and chewed over time. On the plus side there are no small detail pieces to get broken, swallowed etc.

The shapes go into the holes easily enough for our 11 month old to do, but are tight enough to make it a challenge.

At the price I would recommend this toy without hesitation.
on 10 December 2011
This was given as a birthday present to a 1 year old. He loves pushing it and hearing the bus whirr. It has become his favourite toy. Good bright colours, hardy and educational with shape and colour solving.