on 6 November 2003
This colourful little drum has an "S" shaped slot cut through it which gives rise to different tones as it is beaten. That, coupled with the rubber-ended drumstick, make it a pleasure to listen to - much easier than the metal framed drums. The only drawbacks are that there is only one drumstick supplied and also it is tempting for small people to post items into the interesting -shaped slot. Otherwise I would highly recommend this as a fun way to learn more about rhythm.
on 5 January 2010
This is an attractive and well made toy which produces a series of deep and fairly melodic sounds when played, so should not drive others mad when played by a baby/toddler. I enjoy the noise it creates and like playing with it myself!
on 3 June 2011
This is a lovely toy, really well made. It is however a little old at the moment for my 14 month old son. He got the idea very quickly and really enjoys it however he is also teething and keeps chewing on the drumstick. As this could possibly end up a safety hazard I will put it away for a few months till he a little older.
It was very worth the money though and makes a lovely sound, I am glad that I got it for him.
on 30 June 2009
I live in Australia so I rely on Amazon for birthdays and Christmas. I bought this as a gift for my neice's son. She informs me that he cries when she tries to take it off him. She loves it too.
on 25 October 2014
Lovely toy, has a nice sound because made of wood and makes different sounds depending on where you hit. Much loved by the 5 year old owner. We have had to repair the drumstick several times, the head came off when drumming - he is not gentle with it though.
on 3 September 2013
The 8 month old boy loves it.
Its well made and feels really natural being a wooden toy.
It's got 3 tones which are enough to accompany the hits such as 'old Mcdonald had a farm' and '3 blind mice'.
on 28 October 2011
Bought for my 3 year old son but returned it as it doesn't make a very loud or good sound. I know noisy drums are most parents' nightmare...but they are supposed to be loud and especially little boys like to make an impressive noise!
on 5 July 2010
I sent this drum to my 13 month old grandson and he loves it. My son-in-law and daughter both say that it is a beautifully made timber toy. I heard him play with it on Skype[he is in London and I am in Australia] and it sounds nice and mellow. He even turns it over bangs on the underside. I am sure we have a budding musician.
on 15 August 2010
i bought this for my 1yr old grandson who loves anything he can either hammer or bang, so this was ideal for him and the great advantage is, it is NOT A NOISY DRUM due to the wood however, he gets the same pleasure out of it.
on 4 August 2010
Really lovely, well made wooden drum. Bought it for my one year old who has not bored of it. He loves banging the drum and loves holding the drum stick. Makes a nice sound (not too loud or annoying!) Would definitely recommend