on 21 April 2009
This is a really good set. It has everything and is strong. Also comes with most of the batteries required (just not the AA ones). My daughter loves it. She's almost 3 but will grow into it still as she only uses a few things ar the moment. The only disappointing thing is that the box looks all organised with a space for everything but that is only temporary packaging insets and you end up just throwing everything in the box and it's all a bit of a mess and I have a feeling parts will get lost because it's hard to track them.
0Comment49 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2014
Our five year old loved this set and, after Christmas Dinner, went around the various snoozing grown-ups taking temperatures and checking blood pressure. She loved it.

Only slight annoyance was that I had to carefully remove the picture stuck to front of the case (and I could only just manage to remove all the glue) because it depicted a BOY as the Doctor on the front. This would not have gone down well. In this day and age, it should not be a boy as the doctor and a nurse as a girl. Graphics Department please note!!!!!
on 28 August 2009
Just bought this set after much uhmming and ahhring about the price- not cheap- but I thought that the 'extra' items included in this set (the mobile with realistic sounds, the 'working' pager and the stethascope that makes noises) would make it worth it as my boys (aged 18 mths and 3)are both mad on phones and pressing buttons on any gadget they can lay their hands on. I wasn't disappointed!- this set is a huge hit. The mobile is great- lots of sounds and a flashing red light; the pager is good too, and the stethascope really made me laugh with the coughing sound it makes. These 3 items really 'make' this set- but the rest is good too- seems very durable and the play syringe is great. This was one toy they really couldn't stop playing with. All in all, quite expensive.... but well worth it.
0Comment50 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2014
Went by previous reviews and bought this, can say I'm not disappointed. It has all the accessories you could need for doctor/nurse role play...just need the outfit to complete full roleplay. Overall excellent value for money and would recommend.
on 28 September 2013
This is pricier than the other sets, but well worth it. It has a beeper, and a phone and a stethoscope that hearts a heart rate sound and a coughing sound. My daughter puts on her I'd badge and gives us all the once over. Worth the extra cash if you can afford it.
on 12 January 2012
I bought this for my 2 year old nephew for Christmas. He loves playing with it and pretending to be the doctor. It seems to be very durable. There are lots of pieces and he can have hours of fun playing with this as there is so much variety so he won't get bored with this easily. I would highly recommend this, even for slightly older kids.
on 16 October 2013
Bought this with the Nurse uniform for Kids costume (blue) 3-5 years. It made a wonderful birthday gift, and
my granddaughter really loves it. Her 1 yr old sister loves the stethoscope and the noises some of the items
make. A really good pretend and play doctor set.
on 10 September 2010
My daughter plays with this all the time. We purchased it as a birthday present and she never tires of it. Everyone who comes to our house has to be a patient! The items in the case are durable and look as good now as the day we bought them, even with the amount of use they get!
on 9 January 2011
I bought this for my daughter's 4th Birthday. She loves playing doctors and so I knew it would be well used.
She loves the doctor's set but I was bit more disapointed...
For the price I expected a very high quality which unfortunately it is not. Thankfully my daughter is pretty gentle with her toys-the blood pressure monitor is VERY flimsy and in the hands of a not-so-gentle 2/3 year old would be destroyed within seconds!!
Also just to point our that whilst the stethoscope and "bleeper" do come with batteries, the mobile does not!
Overall it is a nice kit and my daughter really likes it but I personally wouldnt have spent that amount of money if I had known that the quailty wouldn't match the price.
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2010
Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Set

Initially I thought this seemed quite expensive for what appeared to be a fairly standard set. Most of the instruments are what you would normally get for a fiver. However, the pager, mobile phone and stethoscope which emit very appropriate sounds make up for this. The specs are a waste of time I'm afraid.