Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: carry handles|Change

on 27 July 2013
Let's deal with the quality issues first; The handles are very flimsy. The castings don't fit together terribly well and are (to be charitable) of, er, mediocre quality (I, like at least one other reviewer, found that drilling another hole and using an extra bolt to secure the two halves of the lower body felt desirable, if not essential, to provide some stability).

In spite of these grumbles I like it very much; it is very easy to light, reaches usable temperature much more quickly than I expected(there certainly aren't any issues with air supply or draught) and due to the cast iron body and grill it holds the heat and provides excellent cooking over the entire grill area, which is easily large enough to provide for a somewhat greedy couple.

It's already had frequent use since I bought it (remarkable for the British summer in itself) and I look forward to using it a lot more.

In conclusion, whilst there were some issues with the quality, and some assembly was required, it was very cheap to buy, I expect it to last for years, it's quick and easy to get going, and it cooks very well indeed.
on 29 July 2010
We have had quite a few BBQs over the years and this is the best one yet. It is ready to use in about 30 mins and large enough to cook for 4 people. It only took me about 30 mins to assemble it. I would definatley recommend this product for the price.
on 2 June 2016
As a chef cooking equipment has to be reliable, durable and easy to clean so I had to hack this and have changed it into an Habachi grill that has all of those qualities all of this things.

I researched this product and others before purchasing and figured for the money it's worth a punt as it is all cast iron apart from a few fittings.

Firstly remove the middle section altogether. There no need for it. Not only does the bowl sit neatly on the bottom half but because it comes off its easier to clean. The ash falls into the bottom. Just remove the bowl and throw away the ash from the bottom half. Also in doing this it's lighter, sturdier and the airflow is closer to the coals.

Secondly don't add the handles they're crap, flimsy and take up space. Want to move the grill? Use a cloth.

When lighting fill the bottom half full of newspaper balls. Add the bowl, coals and grill. Light the newspaper through the air vent on the bottom half. This acts like a chimney.

If you do these two things not only will you end up with a solid as a tank cast iron Habachi grill you will also save yourself alot of time screwing it together.

I also suggest getting a meat iron. Tale a look at the photo of the final product.
review image
on 23 December 2009
This BBQ has prooved very good for cooking and because it is heavy there is less chance of it being accidently knocked over as with some we've had in the past.
on 22 May 2009
Great value for money I was amazed by the size and quality. It is easy to assemble and will store away in a small space when not in use. It's quick to clean and quite a smart addition to your picnic area.
on 31 May 2015
For the price this is a great barbecue. The construction is absolutely solid and it feels like a quality item. It's very basic and 'rough and ready' but to be honest that's what I think a barbecue should be! There's something wonderful about cooking on this that a big gas burner costing hundreds of pounds can't compete with. I had one of these some time ago and it lasted me a good 5 years, I imagine this will do the same. I've only cooked for two so far but there's loads of room. I'd be happy barbecuing for 4 or 5 on this and did do on my first one many times.

As others have said, there's no instructions but it's still quite easy to put together. Just look at the picture on the box and aim to recreate it. There are some longer bolts included. Make sure you separate these out and use them to attach the two main sections together. The shorter bolts are for the legs, handles, air vent cover, grill holders etc.

All in all a great product and a bargain at this price
on 22 June 2016
As summer only lasts 48 hours in the UK I decided to order this through Amazon Prime. 24 hours later I had the wife and kids all decked out in their best clothes, ready to BBQ.

The familiar sound of my doorbell came at an inopportune moment (I was in the bathroom (number 2)) and I heard my wife go to answer the door.

This is where the 5th star fell away. The delivery driver, Dave, was a big boy. Tanned, Tall, and smile that would melt Simon Cowell's heart. He was carrying the BBQ in arms that looked as big as a School dinner lady's legs. My wife was in her best clothes and was hungry.

Long story short Dave has adopted my kids, my ex wife has taken the house and I am using the last bit of my 3G data to warn others off as I roast a rat that I found dead in the tree house I now call home.

Great product though, This rat is crispy on the edge but not burnt and is soft and juicy inside.
on 28 April 2015
comes flat packed in a box....NO INSTRUCTIONS! I kept referring to the picture on box for guidance. There is a packet of nuts and bolts inside you have 5 long bolts with nuts the rest are short with nuts. I put the feet on first then the fathomed out the air vent! Attach air vent with 2 long bolts. There was a lot of 'unscrewing' of bolts as to slightly move things. Then I attached the handles. Then I attached the bottom half of bbq to the top half. This bit was particularly fiddly as I used pliers to grip the nut inside the unit as I screwed the bolt from the outside. This is where your 3 long bolts come into use. Then I attached the three height adjusters for the grill grate to the edge of the top part of BBQ. Then put in place the smaller of two grates. On the main grilling grate attach handles and put in place. Overall I'm happy with the product. But the handles are thin metal; and feel flimsy. To empty the ashes out of the BBQ afterwards you remove both grates and using the handles on the lower half turn it upside down and give it a good shake.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 13 August 2015
We have used this to cook and barbecue so many evening meals and are very impressed with the quality for the price. We use about a third of a carry type bag of charcoal or briquettes per session. It's ready in about 15 - 20 minutes and cooks enough for four very quickly. After we have finished the food we then put small diameter logs (by that I mean about 2" across) and we sit around it chatting till after dark. It does not cause any scorch damage to the ground it's on. We use it on patio but it would be ok on a lawn as long as the legs were stable. I also use a stainless steel rack (like a cooling rack or microwave stand upside down) so the meat does not actually touch the paint. This means I can spin all the meat rather than have to pick each piece up. The wooden handles do not scorch and remain cool enough to life the rack off during cooking. Could not be more pleased especially for the price. We move the whole thing undercover after it has cooled to prevent a sludgy mess if it rains. Takes no time to empty out the cold ashes the next day (by tipping it up).A quick brush off and wash of the cooking stand and it looks like new again. There are varying height to slot the cooking stand in depending on how close to the coals you want to be. I had not expected it to be so good for the money. I believe this will last a good few years.
on 29 March 2014
Perfect for heating coals for the main bbq and also doubles up as a heater with a couple of big logs chucked on to keep the cool evenings warm 😊