Format: Audio CDChange

on 23 March 2003
TTD is one of the most gifted singer/songwriters to never have received the recognition he surely deserves. Maybe this is because he doesn't fit neatly into the usual black music genres. This album demonstrates his immense talent as a musician along with incredible diversity of material. If you mention TTD to anyone un-informed they are only aware of the hits from Hardline... This artist is capable of heart twanging ballads to belting rock numbers. His voice has a range and depth most pop acts of today can only dream of. If you are not aware of what this artist has produced since 1987, treat yourself. You wont be disappointed. As for the fans, buy it, there are a few treats in store for you too.
on 21 June 2003
This is an outstanding album from a singer who for some reason didn't go on to better things - if it was indeed possible to better many of these tracks. Anyone not familiar with Trent Darby will have chosen well with this album. His distinctive singing is instantly recognisable and is still popular on many of the top London radio stations.
on 25 February 2004
If Michael Jackson had grown up, he would have sounded like this. Every track is a diamond. Superb musicianship throughout too. But the money shot is his voice, such soul, such power, such a shame he never achieved his true potential. There is NO-ONE to touch him. If you like hard edge soul/funk/pop look no further.
on 11 November 2009
My children liked his music years ago and the more mellow tracks demonstrate a beautiful voice. What I don't understand is why he did not become a mega,mega star but perhaps some of his later music and his current music is still going to give him the recognition he deserves. Surely a God given talent.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 12 May 2008
One can appreciate the undoubted talent of TTD without taking anything away from Michael Jackson. There's someone who does not understand voices in their comment on 'if MJ had grown up'. I can see the man in MJ. Without MJ this kind of music probably would not be. TTD has a wonderful voice, sings with feeling and is easy to listen to.
on 12 August 2013
Excellent CD. All the old favourites on there, plus some other great tracks I hadn't heard before. Always the first choice when choosing a CD to listen to.
on 28 April 2014
I found out that Terence Trent D'Arby wrote 'Let her down easy' which George Michael covered. So I thought I would listen to hear what it was like. It is brilliant. I listened to some of the other tracks and they took me back in time. It was a no brainer why I purchased his CD.
on 11 March 2014
A must for any fan. Contains all his best. Worth a listen if you are a fan of 80's music.
on 22 January 2012
What a blast from my past I really love it talk about teenagers playing their music over and over,my son is demented with a few off my very favourites when he gets a lift in my car nice to get our own back especially good and proper artists like this.
on 27 April 2013
This still sounds fresh and contemporary. Brought back lots of memories. Pity he disappeared from the music scene for so long. His current stuff is quite different and more or an acquired taste.