Format: Audio CDChange

on 21 December 2001
I am actually playing this CD now as I type away! It is a great piece to have playing gently as a background piece of music, each piece though seperate does not distract from the overal experience. Each piece continues in some way from the next, each flowing well.
It is a great CD to play after a hectic workday, whilst having a bath. It is also very good to play softly as a background to fall asleep or for that romantic evening with your loved one!
It last 1hr so it is well worth the money as are most of the CD's in the 'body and soul' series. The CD claims to calm the spirit, restore the daily balance of life and promote contentment and well being. This for once is not an exaggeration, it really does what it claims, if you give it the chance.
There is only one down side moment and that is number 4, which initially reminded me so much of the M.A.S.H. theme music for the first few seconds, (this in itself is not bad as I liked M.A.S.H), after the first 20 seconds it is not M.A.S.H and is another relaxing piece.
Overall this CD does what it suggests and as a Stress Management Consultant I would recomend it as an aid to help relaxation. It is by no means a replacement for relaxation training, but played as background music it does help calm the mind, if one chooses to allow the CD to work.
0Comment341 of 348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2007
The is a must have CD if youlive a busy and stressful life. I bought this CD in hope it will help me sleep at night as I work 12 hours a day and struggle to sleep at night thinking about work etc. Since having this I put it on before I sleep and it sends me to sleep with in the 1st couple of tracks. I also play it in the morning to help ease me into my day ahead. I would recommend this as a no.1 purchase if you have the same issues I was trying to deal with. Good luck!x
0Comment139 of 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2007
I bought this CD as I have recently started working from home offering beauty treatments and wanted something to play as background music. This fits the bill perfectly.

I have also just found out that I am expecting our first baby and have played this CD to help me relax. It's so peaceful that I am sure to be packing it to have in the delivery room!!
0Comment41 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2007
I love each and every track on this album!! This gentle soothing music massages away the stresses of the day, and lets your mind drift. Fantastic - a Must for any cd collection.
on 4 January 2010
I've got this loaded everywhere in the house and play it when I'm doing a task I don't particularly like. Like ironing - it makes it more a relaxing chore to do.
Also when I'm just sitting with a coffee. But beware, you could find yourself floating off and your coffee cold - A great buy.
on 20 January 2007
I was looking for a CD to listen to help me wind down from a stressful day at work and the previous reviews indicated that this would be a good choice. I wasn't sure what to expect when the CD first arrived, but from the first play I discovered that this was ideal music for creating a chilled background ambience while doing something else. (Relaxing, reading, trying to sleep etc). If that's what you are looking for then this is a definitely a good start.
0Comment79 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2007
An excellent CD, immediatley relaxed by the music. Will take this with me on flight to America to relax and try to sleep. Would be good for having massage to as well !.
on 15 January 2010
I bought this cd for two reasons, one because my teenage son has trouble falling off to sleep and two because i am a theraputic masseur and wanted to use it to massage to as background music. My son puts this on when he gets into bed and falls asleep before it ends, it works a treat for him, he finds the music very soothing. I have used it whilst massaging and it is commented on by my clients who have said it totally chills them out and allows them to drift away.
on 24 June 2011
Awful. This is lift music in my opinion - its really commercial and not what i expected. I thought it would be really soothing but i just find it cheesy and annoying. Lots of people have rated this cd highly so dont let me put you off if you think this is your kind of thing. I'm new to buying these type of relaxation aids and i now realise i prefer natural sounds for relaxation like rain and running water without any kind of background music.
on 24 March 2008
I bought this cd for my 11 year old daughter who was finding it hard to go to sleep. She recieved this and the calming cd in the post about 3 weeks ago and played them that night she fell asleep with no trouble and she has played them every night since! Another bonus of these cds is that they are such good value too. I would recommend these to anyone.