on 12 September 2012
My 5 year old daughter loves this game. Its perfect for any child who is learning to add and take away. Each piece is a lovely moulded creature of the swamp, there are shortcuts, endless loops and many other bonus squares. Most of all they will learn to:

1) add and take away any number from 0 to 12
2) recognise the + or -
3) learn about odd or even
4) learn about counting forwards and backwards
5) As time goes on these will also learn to add and take-away very quickly (without fingers)

This game has won endless awards and if you buy any maths learning toy, make it this one. Out of all our educational board games this is by far a favourite in our house.
on 29 March 2009
My daughter doesn't find maths easy. This is a great game to get her using her maths in a fun way. She loves the game. Her mental maths skills are definitely improving. All the family can play together, regardless of age and math's ability.
on 14 October 2009
This is one of the best games for early years / SEN maths. I have been using it for over 10 years. The children love the creatures and the fact that 'Miss' often loses! It teaches / reinforces many things: odds / evens; count on / count back; + / -; which number comes first in a minus sum; prediction ~ will 'Miss' get to the short cut before they do; estimating how many you need to finish - exact number or not? how to lose, when 'Miss' eventually wins a game; taking turns; all good fun. Well worth the money.
on 1 September 2011
This is a great maths game. My 4 year old is not that interested in doing maths at the moment but put it in a game and she loves it. She is learning so much and the fact that she is having fun doing it should help her confidence. Excellent. Ps. My 3 year old is enjoying it too and doing basic maths, helped of course, without even realising it.
It is also fun. I even enjoyed playing it with my girls and I can't say that for some of the other pre-school/ks1 games.
on 29 September 2013
My son loves this game - we bought it for his 6th birthday. The game play is simple, and easy to set up, and it's not too long so they won't get bored (neither will you!). Our favourite aspect of the game is the player pieces - they are gorgeous little rubber 'swamp' animals - a lovely touch. The whole game is well made and feels good quality. You won't be disappointed.
on 16 March 2012
I got this for my 6 year old to help her with sums and she loves it, it really helps making adding up and taking away alot more fun and doesn't seem like she is really doing work. Even my 3 year old liked it he takes an interest in moving the pieces and looking at the numbers on the die.
on 5 January 2010
This is a great game. It's great fun for children who don't even realize they're learning maths and good fun for adults too. I play it with my kids aged 5 and 7. They both love it.
on 9 October 2013
Bought this for my nephews, it came yesterday so we had a game before tea.. there was a lot of laughing, a bit of cheating and it was a fun way to get them to add and subtract without it being boring. glad I purchased it.

update; boys still playing with this and enjoying it which is great as its teaching them to add and subtract whilst having fun !! Would definately recommend it.
on 20 February 2012
So very excited with this game as it is helping my 5yr old daughter with the addition and subtraction concept. It is great. Not a very long game so she doesn't loose interest. Fab and highly recommendable!
on 4 December 2014
My daughter really enjoys playing this, it's really bringing her maths along which is wonderful. It's an area she really struggles with so any form of repetition is key in getting the ideas to stick. A great idea and a great game.

The idea is to wind your way through Sum Swamp by adding and subtracting the numbers on the dice. It's keeping her engaged and interested (she's 6), so that's all I can wish for.

There are a number of other games on Amazon too, so hopefully we should have it all cracked soon!