on 4 January 2011
Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears! Beginner's Building SetFor kids of all ages! Something for all abilities with this toy - dads, 5 year-olds and pre-schoolers. My 2 grandsons just managed to get a look in and it kept everyone engrossed for ages. Sturdy construction and colourful. Definitely not something that will disappear into the back of the toy cupboard.
on 6 January 2013
my grandson is 3 & plays with this at nursery so i bought him one to have at home. its great!!
on 23 September 2009
What do you buy them? Lego? Stickle bricks? Well these are a bit different and require the same skills of building things and fixing them together. I first bought these for my son when he was 2 and a half. At first he found it tricky to fit the parts in the holes but a year on and he is slotting everything together himself, so 3-3 and a half is a good starting age. What I like about this toy is that you can build something and make it move. Children can learn about cause and effect - "when you turn this handle this cog turns". Great little toy. The basic set packs away into a smallish box quite neatly.
44 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2016
Purchased as a gift for a friends little girl who will be 3yrs old. we have the Gears gears gears bloom and grow set and it is a big hit, on my friends wish list she had Georello Kaleidogears 55pc set, I asked if it was ok to get this as an alternative as we love ours and there are other sets that can be added as an extra (we have our eye on the train for when our little girl is older. also thought for a few extra £'s there are 45 extra pieces - HOWEVER only received a 96 piece box not the pictured 100 piece...cheeky amazon! ;)
on 7 March 2014
My husband repairs watches and clocks so our 3 year old is fascinated with gears, he absolutely loves this as he thinks he is making his own clocks! The instruction booklet also has 3 good models in it to make and he adores the caterpillar. It is all really well made and robust and he has no trouble building with it.
on 8 April 2013
This is great fun, a lot of combinations to feed your imagination. It is a classic toy and cannot go wrong with it.
Good value too.
on 28 October 2010
Works really well, but as all the gears are the same size there's not that much variety you can do with it. There's plenty of expansion packs available though.
on 5 January 2015
Excellent educational toy for children young and old. Learn the skill of building and then have hours of fun playing with their own creation. Some small parts so be careful if you have babies around. Granddaughter had hours of fun playing with this at Christmas.
on 16 February 2016
Baught this for my grandson. He seems to enjoy it but the cogs are sometimes difficult to clip together. The base is flimsy and does bend. You do get a fair number of cogs etc it's just me and the child need help to put together!!!!!
on 12 April 2015
I have found this product quite limited in regards to what you can do. My 3yr old probably spent about ten minutes before moving on to something else. It has now gone into storage and we will bring it out again when he is 4 or 5, but I think there are better construction games out there.