on 5 January 2013
I wouldn't recommend this book if it is for a passionate Porsche owner. I bought it for my husband who has a Porsche and he didn't rate it all. It's just a book full of glossy pictures of Porsches, with little detail about the cars.
if you want photos of the cars then I suppose its ok, but for a true enthusiast its no good and a lot of money!
on 7 January 2011
I had seen this book in a shop in Central London and when I picked it up I couldn't put it down such were the quality of the of photos and the layout of the pages. I don't even own a Porsche but my mate does and I thought this would be a perfect Christmas gift. I was right. Off came the wrapping and that was it. He couldn't put it down and was sneaking off throughout the day to have a peak at its colourful pages filled with amazing machines. A must for any Porsche owner you know or in your family. A great price on Amazon, it was twice the price in a bricks and mortar shop!
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2012
Contains beautiful pictures. Not for readers looking for information, or history. A nice addition to a comprehensive Porsche book collection.
on 19 December 2011
It's big. It's heavy. It's far, far too 'arty' for its own good. A missed opportunity. If only they'd spent less time trying to be 'clever' and instead put in more text and proper photos ('proper' in the sense that at least you get a view of the whole car, from one angle at least, rather than countless 'arty' close-up pics of wing mirrors and air intakes etc.) Nope, it's rubbish, and I say that as a life-long Porsche fan. Nice sexy cover, cruddy content - or 'all fur coat, no knickers', as we say round here. I'm left wondering if some teenage kid of someone high up at Porsche is studying art publishing or graphic design at university and had the idea of doing this book as a graduation project or suchlike. That's the feeing I get - a decent well-meaning idea, poorly and amateurishly executed...
0Comment2 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2014