Format: PaperbackChange

on 25 October 2010
i am doing my gcse's and im not that good at spanish , and normally i hate the cpg books because i find it confuses me more, and it makes it look complicated, but this was very helpful! its really simple to use , and its great for doing coursework . a must have for spanish gcse!
on 24 November 2013
It provides a good basic introduction to what you might expect to cover in the GCSE. However, it doesn't provide any solutions to revision questions or exercises (or if it does, I haven't found them yet), so requires the availability of a tutor or helper. The Spanish is somewhat stilted and sometimes inaccurate, as if written by non-native speakers.
on 10 April 2013
I recently bought this book to help me with revision and it is now plays a beneficial part in my revision routine; Not only has my level soared but I have found myself to becoming more engaged as I can compare and elaborate on what I have read in the book and what I learn in the lesson. It is well set out and the content is brilliant but I do feel as if it skimps on details and this often leads me to using the internet(This is the only reason I have given it 4 stars.)! I feel that the authors of this revision book worried to much about appealing to the readers and they occasionally insert jokes which can be mistaken for actual content.I have found it is easy to carry as it is fairly light and the size of an A4 piece of paper.
Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who has a firm grasp of Spanish and wants to do well I their GCSE's!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2011
I took this book and Practice Paper from Instituto Cervantes, to help one of my students to prepare his exam. I was puzzled to see that their mock exams are full of mistakes. Same the book, I think that is just unacceptable, very unprofessional and they should review their material and publish it again.

Some examples: Mis asignaturas favoritas fueron el espanol y el aleman, when the correct thing is: Mis asignaturas favoritas eran el espanol y el aleman.

El asaltador, when it el asaltante

Cuando volvimos a casa comprobamos que estaba demasiado grande. When the correct way will be: era demasiado grande

Another hilarous detail, when they talk about Navidad en Argentina, the whole writing sounds strange as written for a foreign who doesn't really have a good grasp of the language. Besides that it mention that the tradition is to eat turkey. I am from there and nobody eats turkey for Christmas, they should have research a bit more or chosen another country, such as Colombia.
33 comments25 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2013
I do GCSE Spanish and this is really helping me with it, especially the grammar section it really helps with general sentence structure
on 16 March 2010
I'm using this guide for my Ab Initio course on the IB and it's perfect. Get "Verbots" too.
on 5 November 2013
This book is a good one if you want to learn Spanish grammar in a humerous way. It's light hearted but puts the point across well. Not just for people doing exams but for any of us who are trying to learn Spanish.
on 29 January 2013
I am already able to speak spanish but am not fluent or always grammatically correct so I bought this to improve and to possibly take an exam in the future. It is very clear and helpful.
on 12 March 2014
We have the whole set of these guides - they are quite simply the best guide for helping your child learn exactly what they need to pass their exams. Well laid out, full colour, very useful all round.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2014
I use it for learning spanish. The book is well organised. I highly recommend to everyone who starts to learn Spanish!