Format: Audio CDChange

on 10 January 2009
As a British parent living abroad, I bought this CD to expose my daughter to the kind of songs in English I listened to myself as a child. I have not been disappointed: there's a good choice of classics and the recordings are typical BBC quality. Definitely a good buy (as is the sister CD 'Incy Wincey Spider' I also bought. Only one criticism: not quite sure why 'Wheels on the Bus' is on there twice?
11 comment148 of 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2009
I was given this CD as a present for my almost 2 year old. She and my 4 year old son absolutely love it! They as well as I have not been much interested in the earlier kids music CD's that we had since they always seemed to be sung in a very boring way or then they would have so many songs in them that each nursery rhyme was rarely complete.

This CD is pleasing to hear for an adult as well. It has popular nursery rhymes that most kids know and love and it is well sung with a peppy beat.

As I type this my 2 year old has noticed the picture of the CD on the screen and is asking for it to be played...again! Definately recommend it.
11 comment41 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2009
I bought this CD for my 6-month-old granddaughter. Three months later this is her No. 1 favorite musical CD. As soon as the first song begins, she starts smiling.

The presentation of the songs is slow enough to understand the lyrics with no difficulty. All the old nursery songs are here plus many new songs which have become favorites. I can recommend this CD without hesitation.
0Comment105 of 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2009
A really good CD with all the old faves... my 2 year old son loves this, and because there are so many songs on there, it doesn't seem too repetitive. A very good choice if you are looking for all the well known songs and a few new ones.
on 18 September 2009
Just wanted to say - there are the correct number of songs on the CD - including "if you're happy and you know it" - they've just included 2 songs on some of the tracks so it only comes up with 16 on the CD player. A great CD for singing and dancing to.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2010
This CD will disappoint you. It only has 16 tracks NOT 25 as advertised. Very poor. Just for the record here's what's actually on the CD

The Wheels On The Bus, Row Row Row, London Bridge, Hickory Dickory Dock, Miss Polly had a Dolly, Pop Goes the Weasel, Ten Fat Sausages, The Wheels on the Bus (again!), Grand Ole Duke of York, Girls & Boys Come Out To Play, Mulberry Bush, I Hear Thunder, Heads & Shoulders, Happy And You Know It, Twinkle Twinkle, Wee Willie Winkie
77 comments212 of 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2009
I've just had my first play of this and my 4 month old son loves it. There is minimal instrumentalism which is good as I find some CDs can have so much you can hardly follow the words.

Those people who say there are only 16 songs are obviously not paying attention. When you load it to a computer/CD player there are 16 tracks listed, however, some of those 'tracks' contain more than one of the songs listed on the CD case.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2009
I am a nursery school teacher in Italy and this cd seemed to be a great resource for teaching the little Italians- however I was really disappointed to see that the promised 25 songs are only 16 and one of these 16 is repeated twice ! Certain songs that I really wanted such as 'When you're happy and you know it'are promised but are not there ! I feel misled and maybe would have chosen another cd if I had known this.
11 comment51 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2009
Bought for 14mth old daughter and 3 1/2yr old son - both love them. My son finds the additional verse on Hickory Dickory Dock very amusing! Singers are good for this type of CD and I'm happy to listen to it too in the background whilst I crack on with a few chores!!! Recommended.
on 31 December 2009
Very pleased with this purcase, the voices of singers are pleasent, the words are clear, the background music is just the right volume. Both me and my 18 month old daughter love it (and other BBC series CDs).