on 9 December 2012
I buy this every year as a tree present for my mother-in-law. She loves it. There is a very good selection of stories, poems and articles and is a lovely book. It is well worth the money for the enjoyment and pleasure she gets from it. The delivery was very quick.
on 8 November 2012
The other half was very pleased with this item. Got a special hug for my efforts. I would recommend this to anybody who loves the People's Friend magazine
on 6 February 2013
Although the content is as good as ever the publishers decision to not only discontinue large print edtions but to reduce down to a smaller size book with the consequent smaller print seems to have completely forgotton that the majority of their readers are of the older generation . I for one will be seriously considering whether to purhase next year
on 5 April 2013
brought for my mother in law enjoys the stories.
I buy for her every year.
difficult to obtain in the shops
on 23 February 2013
I bought this as a gift for my elderly aunt and I have done for many years. It is as always a lovely, well presented, hardback book with bright cheerful pages full of interesting articles and, of course, the usual short stories. It is refreshing to see a really 'wholesome' book make a good read.
on 5 February 2013
I bought this for my elderly mother in law who loves "nice" stories, she was not disappointed, I haven't read it myself but she was very pleased with it and said the stories were lovely in her words. I think if you are buying The People's Friend you know what you are getting really.
on 1 March 2013
although the package was torn slightly but the book amazingly enough was in good condition not marked as I expected it to be however
the book makes for good reading, and very interesting, and good value for money. And it also arrived on time,
on 26 August 2013
I purchased this for my mother as she buys the peoples friend weekly and she loved it even though she is not normally a book reader more of a magazine reader, she read the whole book within a couple of days and enjoyed all the stories and poems.
on 14 February 2013
Purchased for an elderly friend. Good print and comfortable size. Articles easy to read and interesting, especially for older folk.
This is the second time I've purchased this annual and the standard continue to be very good.
on 2 January 2013
I didnt read it actually, I bought it for an old lady I look after (im her carer) and her husband (when he was alive) used to get her it every Xmas, so I decided yo continue getting her it as she loves reading all the stories! !!