Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 September 2009
Pre-ordered this and got it sent to the university accommodation. It actually turned up earlier than expected so didn't have it before leaving home :-(. After delivering son to room & helping to settle in etc, left him to own devices to eventually find the post-room etc that took care of the packages & parcels. In a brief exchange the next day asking how the headache from the first night pub-crawl was and had he managed to cook something up, he did say, "Oh yeah, that book - not bad Dad, read a bit of it - not bad at all so far". For me that was money well spent. I hope the rest of the Freshers week leaves him time to read more...it will do him some good.. and probably some of his house-mates too !
on 1 May 2010
I bought this book for my daughter who starts Uni this year. There were so many to chosse from so I wasn't sure which would be best. I chose this one as it was written by student and I thought she'd know what she was talking about. I read it one evening before I paseed it on. What a great book! It's full of really useful tips on what to do and what to take and is written in an informative but humourous way. It also reassures the reader that any issues they have, have almost certainly been experienced by many people before them and the key is not to panic!
My daughter groaned when I gave it to her at first, probably thinking not more stuff for me to read, but she soon devoured it and it has proved a hit! - also has a few recipes in the back................;)
Money well spent in my opinion.
on 4 August 2010
I have been in the process in the past year of going to university and have been looking for some guidnace on what to do and expect. I first picked up this book in school and have never put it down since! It is one of the best books that i have read, giving great ideas, tips & hints of what to expect and do when time to go to university arrives. I can safely say it is that good a book that it has been the first book i have read fully in years, it kept me intrigued every step of the way and is superbly written by an excellent author. I would recommend this to any body! (Especially young people going to uni)!
on 13 March 2014
Daughter has gone off to uni now, she found the book really useful, helped settle her nerves a lot. Useful book for tips etc.....
on 29 April 2013
I really liked this book and it will prove the more useful of the two that I bought as preparation for a son heading off to uni in September having grown up in a European country. I liked the tips from other students and the layout. Well written in a language that will appeal to students and parents alike, quirky little bits of humour appear regularly. could just do with updating in the areas that concern finance as the published figures now longer have any relation to the current figures.
on 7 August 2013
Looked through this book before I handed it over to my daughter and thought Excellent material and very very enjoyable as well as lots and lots of good sound advice in an interesting format. Excellent!!!!!
on 29 September 2013
This is an excellent book which I would recommend. It contains everything you need to know before and after attending University. Very helpful and informative in every aspect of university life. (The Ups and downs alike). I would also recommend purchasing this book early - as it gives all kinds of info and tips which would be handy to know prior to attendance, such as items to purchase etc which will ensure you haven't missed that all important item.
on 27 April 2014
Our daughter is going to uni this year. This book has some great tips and ideas to help prepare and get them through that first year. Written in a partially comic style which makes it easy to read.
on 22 August 2011
Great book, with a humourous style and fantastic advice, I'm a bit long in the tooth now but wish I had been able to read it before starting uni rather than after finishing!
on 18 May 2011
My Auntie told me she had bought me a book about University life for when I go off in September and my reaction, of course, was 'why is she wasting her money on this now, i can find out everything on the internet'. It arrived today and I have only quickly flicked through but it seems so so helpful! I agree with the other reviews that it is written in a really friendly, easy to read kind of way and its really good to just have a quick look at as there are all different sections. the section that i have found most useful is the money one ! :) I have already signed up to many of the websites recommended in the book!

Amazing book, totally worth it! It's not just for freshers either, so it's a real investment 8)

Cat