Format: PaperbackChange

on 10 March 2012
I really rate this Spanish guide. It's clearly up to date with the new GCSE language specifications as the 'Exam Advice' pages demonstrate. It is excellent in the way it is succinct with lists of vocabulary for each topic plus examples of how to use the language in context, as well as all of the grammar pages and the extra tips and help sections. A brilliant, clear and easy to use guide for anyone wanting to learn Spanish in a quick, easy and accessible way. Well done Allison Macaulay, I look forward to purchasing your next Spanish guide.
on 18 July 2011
The key thing about this guide is that it suits any exam board. As a teacher, I find the way it is organised and set out to be straightforward and intuitive. I have tried several revision books with my students and, when I gave them this one last week, this was their preferred version. Highly recommended.
on 12 October 2012
I bought this book for my son who has just started a GCSE course in Spanish after only studying it for a year( unlike French where he has done 3 years). He was struggling to remember vocabulary and grammar is always a problem. I was hoping this book would help and it has been an answer to my prayers. It is laid out really well, giving you lists of vocabulary and explaining the grammar in simple terms so that it is easily understood and remembered. It follows the course so well that we can actually match chapters with the work he does in class thereby positively reinforcing his learning. His teacher has said that she has noticed a marked improvement in his work since he started using this book at home. I would recommend this book to anyone studying Spanish, it is so easy to use that even I am picking it up.
on 25 January 2012
This is definitely the one to get for GCSE, no matter which exam board you are doing as all are considered. Great for vocab and also exam tips.
on 18 December 2011
My Daughter had this reccommended to her and found it a superb aid for her revision. It was well priced and easy to follow
on 13 March 2014
This guide contains everything you need to know in order to achieve a good grade at your GCSE. It is very clear explained and the topics just show you what you need to know so far, without making grammar difficult. I am a native Spanish teacher and I do recommend this revision guide to all my students.
on 5 October 2012
This book is an incredibly useful source for a beginner. It's in an easy to use format, and covers key topics. I'm not a GCSE student, but someone interested in learning the language. It suits me very well, and can be approached by any learner
on 27 July 2011
I purchased this at the weekend. I have already seen how useful it is in comparison with other books I have seen on the market. It breaks everything down in to easy to revise sections and has good tips on how to achieve the higher grades. A really well written study guide.
on 29 May 2015
Superb revision guide for GCSE Spanish students. This is the revision guide we recommend for all GCSE Spanish students due to its clear layout and easy to follow topics. Also recommended for KS3 students in order to help them achieve higher grades/levels.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2013
There isn't loads of waffle and childish pictures like there are in most academic texts I've read, which makes it nice to frequently refer to. It sticks to important stuff without wasting (much) space.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse