on 3 September 2009
Being a French tutor I've come across a lot of books for GCSE and this is the one I prefer. It is well designed and full of good tips. The "Quick Questions" sections (every 3 pages) are a good way to check what you know and what you need to review before going to the next section.

As this is a COMPLETE REVISION manual, it contains a lot of information and, although it is a great tool, it might be too much to take in if you open it one month before the exam. The sooner you start using it the better.
11 comment50 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2011
This is well set out and includes practically everything you need to revise for French GCSE. There are sections for the written, reading and listening sections, along with good topic and grammar sections. This is a revision text, though - so this is not the book for students who have not followed a structured course to build up knowledge. In addition, there is no consolidated vocabulary section; although a little old-fashioned, perhaps, there's no substitute for solid learning.
on 30 October 2009
This is a really good book to check you know all the basics for your French exam. It does not replace a teacher when it comes to more complex French structures but it has the basics on all the topics and exercises to practice.
I would definitely recommend it.
on 4 May 2014
Seeking to revisit the French language, last seriously studied over sixty years ago, I chose this book and disc as probably my best hope. It has exceeded my expectations. I am happy to recommend it to learners of all ages.
on 31 May 2012
Very comprensive coverage of the current curriculum with plenty of "test yourself" exercises plus Specimen exam questions, but it is essentially a REVISION book . Although it explains topics from an elementary base, it then covers the topic to exam level without progressive development, so don't buy it as a teaching text book. It is, as the title says, a REVISION book, and as such is excellent and the most widely available.
on 29 November 2011
This French Revision guide is absolutely great. As a student myself, it was awesome for having everything in it that you needed to know, including ALL the basics and the obvious stuff that a lot of guides miss out. So, I could revise everything.

The book also has exam-awareness, so it actually references 'this is what you need to know for the exam' or 'examiners LOVE asking about this so brush up on it.'

As always with CGP, a very entertaining and accessible format that has really helped engage me and motivate me to revise. Made learning French a lot more fun, and I also use it now because it just has those key things in it that at A-Level and above it is easy to forget. Fundamental tool for learning French, end of. Also, get a used copy! It's so much cheaper and mine came in great condition WITH the disc.
All in all, a fab buy.
on 22 November 2011
GCSE French Complete Revision & Practice with Audio CD: Complete Revision and Practice

I am a freelance tutor helping students to achieve optimum grades in French GCSE. This book is invaluable - it is an exhaustive revision guide which is up-to-date with new specifications. It is clearly set out and everything contained in it is relevant and important with no omissions. It has a CD included which provides excellent practice for the Listening Tests. The Grammar section is very useful, being concise and easy to understand.

To sum up, this is a no-nonsense revision guide which I would not be without.
on 27 February 2012
After a parents evening I was told by my daughters french teacher that this was a brilliant book to buy as it has loads of vocab and things they need for their GCSE. It comes with an audio cd in the back so they can check their pronunciation which is helpful.
The books are £15 pounds each which mounts up if you have to buy one for every subject so I got used ones - they do exactly the same thing and they are all in reasonable condition.
A great helpful guide to help get through exams!
on 22 May 2014
This book has been very helpful with learning french. I have several books and together they compliment each other in helping me learn.
on 27 February 2014
I bought this book to aid my Granddaughter with her French. I live in France, I am a french speaker. We take lessons over Skype. It is a very clear and entertaining way of aiding her with french and interacting with her from a distance. I know this book as I used to live in the same village as the original author.