Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 August 2014
A great innocent and fun book that our daughter picked up at every opportunity. Would highly recommend the whole series. In terms of words on a page and size of text, they are a little on the easy side for our 8 year old but it meant she could read them with ease and thorough enjoyment of the content!
on 18 August 2014
Brilliant !! As are all the Daisy books ... My daughter still loves them ( age 10) and enjoy reading them with her too!
just soooo funny !
Wish more books came out more often ...
(but that's just being selfish, as they are so good!!)
Yet another book in the brilliant Daisy series, which are real favourites with my seven year old daughter. Of course, the trouble with sports day is that everyone wants to win, including Daisy. However, as Daisy muses, it is really difficult to win a race on sports day, "especially if there are other people in the race." As always, Daisy takes things really seriously and decides to go into Olympic Training and embark on a Go For Gold Eating Plan. The fact that this includes chocolates and cheese strings causes her mum to question the success of this plan, but, of course, Daisy knows best.

All children - and parents - know the stresses and joys of Sports Day and it is all in this book. From how to win the Egg and Spoon race to pushy parents, Daisy turns her quizzical eye and innocently funny turn of phrase onto school life. I love all the Daisy books - as does my daughter - and this is utterly joyous. As well as a brilliant story, the illustrations add so much to the book too. I just hope that Kes Gray continues writing more adventures for Daisy and her mum, as they are simply wonderful.
on 14 August 2014
Amazing I loved it so much I recommend it to kids and teenagers that still like stuff like daisy I liked it because I absolutely hate sports day and so does the character in the book . And it is about a girl called daisy and she wants to win a race called the obstacle race but she is chosen for the egg and spoon witch annoys her and she gets very angry because some irritating twin that are much faster than her in it too but I can't tell you it all because if you buy it you know what happens but I say it is an amazing book and there is a series of them too if you like it !
on 14 October 2014
We love Daisy! Easy enough for a 6 year old to read, but some of the Daisy-isms are tricky at first for an emerging reader, or should I write SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYY?
on 26 July 2014
We have read all the daisy books... My boys aged 9 and 7 say this the best one
on 15 October 2014
Even though I'm nearly twenty, I still love the Daisy books. They are really funny and because they are only little kids it's funny to read how confused they get with the thought of the week and things that their teachers say. I would recommend this book to any children especially girls aged 4-10 though people like me are older than that and still love them! If you like this book then try reading the other Daisy books. They're just as funny and awesome! Such an amazing book! You have to read it. Soooooooo good!
on 7 July 2014
My daughter finished this in 1 sitting. She said it was fantastic and just as good as all of the others
on 14 June 2016
My 7 year old daughter loves these books! Easy to read - either for your child reading alone or more fun reading together as they're very funny! Targeted for the under 9s I would think but not at all babyish- treating the reader to more grown up ideas/ dilemmas in an easy to understand and humorous way. Making our way through the whole series and each one is unpredictable, original and full of surprises!! Well worth a buy!
on 25 May 2016
I love this book because it puts a smile on your face! I have read almost all the books and i've enjoyed all of them especially this one .The best thing about these books ,are you being able to dress up as them for world book day. I hope that gave yu an idea....