4.2 out of 5 stars1,552

on 12 April 2013
Very well written, it's a laugh! You can relate such a lot to your own experiences of life. Well don Miranda!
on 15 December 2013
This book is the best read ever. It Is hilarious and like watching a series of Miranda on tv. I had to read this book right to the end. Lots of hidden meanings and emotions.
on 12 October 2012
I admit I am a book reader. I also admit I am a fan of Miranda Hart. I noticed that the audiobook was read by her and only £1 more than the hardback, so I thought I'd give it a try. Miranda's voice and phrasing are so special it makes the book even funnier. Try something different if you are not an audiobook listener, it is worth it!
11 comment144 of 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I went into this book not knowing a lot about it - I've not seen a lot of Miranda Hart, I don't watch many of her shows so I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I found this to be a funny and witty read. I enjoyed that this wasn't just about Miranda as a person, but her thoughts and feelings on a range of topics. It's a very easy to read, I found I was able to get into it straight away and it's a nice light-hearted read. Although it's not the genre of book I'd usually read, I was pleased that I picked it up and would definitely recommend to any fans of Miranda Hart.
on 13 October 2012
I love Miranda Hart, and find her very funny, so decided to read her book when it came out, having heard nothing about it previously. I was so glad I picked it up, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who watches 'Miranda', and even those who are just in need of a lighthearded read.

It isn't a typical autobiography, set out religiously from childhood through to adulthood, but almost her train of thought on various topics ranging from Technology to Beauty, punctuated by 'conversations' with her younger self. Her distinctive voice and sense of humour shines through in the writing, so anyone who loves Miranda will be able to recognise the style instantly, and in places it truly made me laugh out loud.

It is reasonably short and easy to read, nothing dark or gritty (not that you would expect it!) and I defy anyone not to enjoy it!
22 comments138 of 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2013
This book is awesome, it's cool boom because it's not written like a normal autobiography and we get to meet this funny 18 year old Miranda :)
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 November 2012
Well, this book is just such fun! What more does any Dear Reader Chum really need to say, when they have just finished laughing their way through Miranda Hart's witty, funny and oh-so-very-true observations on life and all that goes with it? The premise of the book is that Miranda is sharing with us and with her 18-year old self from 20 years previous, her thoughts on the strangeness of various aspects of life - from music and hobbies, through to culture and dreams, and just about everything in between. This is one of those books you really need to imagine the author's voice talking to you as you go; it really does sound just as though Miranda is just voicing her thoughts as she goes along. And funny they are. Being 6 feet tall myself, I really empathised with her views on the good and not so good aspects of being that height; I think sometimes people only keep me around to get things off the top shelves, and hang the tricky Christmas decorations. Oh dear. Awkward.

A wonderful book, one to pick up and enjoy again and again - highly recommended for anyone who appreciates Miranda's humour, and who appreciates humour which takes the mickey out of all of us.
on 9 January 2013
If you're a "bloke" you won't get it or her, but Miranda Hart is what most 35+ intelligent women have been waiting for in years. Not since Smack the Pony have I found a female writer/comedian(enne?) as funny and able to laugh at herself AS herself! Imagine being able to talk to your 18-year-old self and comment on your actions as an adult - that's exactly what this does. A lovely little reflective and retrospective narrative written as a lesson to 18-year-old Miranda but without any self-criticism. A brilliant boost to the ego if you're feeling a little deflated...Miranda proves that if you stick with your dreams they will come true. I wouldn't really call this an autobiography as it doesn't really reveal that much about Miranda Hart that most fans don't already know or could have guessed at. It's a (cliche alert..) wry look at life and (second/third cliche alert...) breath of fresh air and welcome change from the usual selection of, what I call 'ghost-written autobiographical crap' usually available at this time of year. Miranda CAN and DOES actually write her own material, and jolly good it is too!
on 28 November 2013
The star rating says 'I love it' but that doesn't really say what it means......I absolutely adore this"............. If you want to join in whilst reading Miranda expects it. You end up doing a forward roll into bed and surprising your pattern who is in bed already.......you give someone on the train a round of applause.......you smile with every word you read"......... Thank you to Miranda for being who she is....
on 16 February 2013
As funny as her on-screen persona (if not, funnier) and totally able to put her Dear Reader Chums at ease with her writing style, Miranda Hart's autobiography is a fantastic read, and one of the few things I would easily recommend to all - despite favourite genres or writers. She's a genius, and so honest in her approach it feels like you're reading a long letter sent by a close friend.