Format: PaperbackChange

on 13 October 2012
Really good revision guide for going over notes and refreshing your memory. Don't just rely on this book, as it doesn't have as many questions and as much detail as the offical OCR A2 Student Book. Overall great item.
on 2 October 2012
I like the clear presentation; the book provides excellent "examiner's tips" and "typical mistake" boxes as well as thorough explanations of the key concepts. It is easy to read and well illustrated.
on 10 July 2013
I found this book great for my exams. Chemistry is not my forte but with this book and the OCR endorsed textbook it made it simple to understand and it broke down the topics into more manageable parts. It also provided different examples to the standard textbook for the same topic so it's great for broadening your exam skills and challenging yourself. The best part for me was how it broke down each exam answer and told you how the answer was reached - great, esp for those tricky calculations!
on 22 November 2015
Really good summary notes, I like this guide because it isn't patronising and is very clear and to the point - some people prefer light hearted guides (like the CGP ones) but I think the information is less clear in that style. These are revision notes so don't expect to learn directly from this book, but when studying I have this guide, the official OCR Heinemann textbook and the specification from OCR and I don't feel I need any other resources.
on 7 September 2015
Bought new form Amazon. Bit expensive considering it is an old book and the specification is changing soon. Anyway I think the price was all right as buying it used didn't seem to be that different. Haven't used yet but seems like it will be useful for home studying.
on 11 May 2014
A short, concise book. Very clearly laid out, key points covered only - definitely a revision guide rather than a source. Includes sample questions.
on 16 August 2015
This is the best book ever. I got C in AS chemistry in first attempt but by using this book I got an A
on 2 July 2015